sig's Paella : ).
You can have sig's Paella : ) using 17 simple ingredients and 4 easy steps. Here is how you achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of sig's Paella : )
- You need of tomatoes or use tinned variety.
- You need of black mussels.
- You need of rose wine.
- Prepare of raw king prawns.
- It’s of vegetable or chicken stock.
- It’s of olive oil.
- You need of chicken thigh or breast fillets( optional).
- You need of red onion,chopped.
- It’s of red pepper , I use long pointed Italian peppers.
- Prepare of green pepper cut into slightly bigger pieces..
- It’s of smoked garlic,crushed.
- Prepare of sweet Spanish type paprika.
- It’s of saffron threads soaked in 1/4 cup hot water.
- Prepare of paella rice (calasparra).
- Prepare of white fish cut into cubes.
- It’s of lemon cut into 8 wedges..
- Prepare of fresh small peas.
sig's Paella : ) instructions
- score cross into tomatoes and put in heatproof bowl ,cover with boiling water.Leave for 30 seconds,peel skin off remove seeds and chopp ito small bits ..
- scrub mussles thoroughly,pull out hairy beards.Discard broken ones or that don't close when tapped on worktop, rince well ,put in saucepan with the wine,cover with lid and cook for 3 minutes,or until they have opened, throw out any unopened ones.Set aside mussels and cooking liquid. Peel prawns and pull out dark bein from each prawn starting at the head end. Put the heads and shells into mussle liquid,add 2 cups of water simmer for 5 minutes .Strain liquid into bowl.Put liquid into clean pan and add stock.Keep at a low simmer..
- heat 2 tablespoons of oil in the paella pan( I use wok. add chicken cook for about ten minutes,remove from pan.Add remaining oil cook onions and tomatoes for about 5 minutes ,add the peppers,cook for one minute, then stir in garlic,paprika and the saffron soaking water.Cook for 30 seconds .Return chicken to pan,arranging it around outside ,stir to coat well with tomato mixture.Pour in the stock and simmer,add the rice gently.Arrange the peppers on top,bring to boil,reduce heat immediately and simmer for 10 minutes unti rice is starting to get tender.The paella should not be stirred after this so have just on a slow simmer.
- Arrange the fish ,the mussles,prawns and peas evenly over the rice. Simmer on a very low heat for 15 minutes ,do not stir.Just shake the pan gently to prevent rice from sticking,this will allow a thin crust to form at bottom.pour in a little water if rice seems to become dry.Remove pan from heat leave to rest for 5-10 minutes,season with salt and pepper .Serve straight from pan with the lemon wedges..