Paella with Squid and Squid Ink.
You can have Paella with Squid and Squid Ink using 14 simple ingredients and 10 simple steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Paella with Squid and Squid Ink
- It’s of Fresh squid.
- Prepare of Squid ink.
- It’s of Uncooked white rice.
- You need of White asparagus (tinned ones are OK).
- It’s of Garlic (coarsely chopped).
- Prepare of + 2 tablespoons Olive oil.
- Prepare of Soup stock cube.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Water.
- Prepare of lemon's worth Lemon wedges.
- You need of For the easy aioli.
- Prepare of Mayonnaise.
- It’s of Garlic (grated).
- You need of Milk.
Paella with Squid and Squid Ink instructions
- Remove the innards from the squid body. If there is an ink sac, remove carefully from the innards. Keep the ink sac in the fridge..
- Slice the squid body into rings (5 mm wide). Use the tentacles and the fins if you like. You don't need to clean the rice as you usually do. Just rinse quickly and drain in a colander..
- Cut the asparagus into 2 cm lengths. If you can't obtain an ink sac from your squid or you need more ink, use or add more store-bought squid ink..
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan and add the garlic. Sauté over a low heat to infuse the oil..
- Add the squid rings and saute quickly. Add the squid ink. Mix well over a low heat..
- Increase the heat to high. Add the rice and mix well. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and stir thoroughly..
- Add the water, soup stock cube, and salt and stir all together. Add the asparagus. Once it starts to bubble vigorously, cover with a lid and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 15-20 minutes..
- If you don't have a suitable lid, use aluminum foil to cover. The heat should look like this in the photo..
- Meanwhile combine the aioli ingredients. By adding a small amount of milk, you can soften the strong flavour of the garlic..
- After it's cooked, stir all together and serve at the table at once. Serve with lemon wedges and the aioli..