Spicy chorizo, smoked mackerel paella 🍀.
This Yummy Spicy chorizo, smoked mackerel paella 🍀 using 13 easy ingredients and 6 easy steps. Learn how to cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Spicy chorizo, smoked mackerel paella 🍀
- You need of short grain rice (arborio, paella, risotto whatever they call it by you).
- You need of boiling hot chicken stock (always keep hot when adding to rice).
- It’s of LG mackerel fillets (deboned and skinned).
- You need of spicy chorizo thinly sliced.
- Prepare of LG onion finely chopped.
- Prepare of bell pepper chopped small.
- Prepare of veg oil.
- Prepare of garlic minced.
- It’s of smoked paprika.
- You need of hot chilli powder.
- Prepare of chopped parsley.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- You need of small tin sweet corn (optional).
Spicy chorizo, smoked mackerel paella 🍀 step by step
- In a pot bring stock to a boil, then in a large saute pan heat oil to medium add onions and saute for 2-3 minutes (no colour).
- Add sliced chorizo cook out oils and then add garlic,peppers and seasonings after 2 minutes add rice and over a gentle heat coating grains until they slightly become translucent on the edges..
- Now comes the work stirring constantly add 2 ladles of hot stock. It will bubble and absorb quickly, this is normal..
- Gradually add stock a ladle at a time as each previous ladle is absorbed totally, keep stirring. You will see a change in the texture of the rice as the starch releases.
- In the last few minutes as u are nearly out of stock flake in the mackerel and sweet corn (optional), finish cooking check seasonings u may or may not need salt as the mackerel us salty..
- Stir in parsley and serve immediately. Enjoy😋🍀.