This Perfect Seafood Paella using 19 simple ingredients and 10 easy steps. Here is how you cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Seafood Paella
- You need of butter.
- You need of olive oil.
- You need of chorizo cut into thin slices.
- You need of saffron strands.
- It’s of onion finely chopped.
- You need of garlic peeled and thinly sliced.
- It’s of green pepper diced.
- Prepare of red pepper diced.
- You need of paella rice.
- You need of chicken stock.
- You need of dry white wine.
- Prepare of tomatoes de-seeded and diced.
- Prepare of thyme leaf.
- You need of chilli flakes or a finely chopped chilli.
- It’s of paprika.
- It’s of frozen or fresh peas.
- You need of king prawns.
- You need of prawns.
- You need of squid chopped into bite size pieces.
Seafood Paella step by step
- Heat half the olive oil and butter in a large flat bottom pan over medium heat. Get another pan ready for your seafood for later..
- Fry chorizo until slightly crisp. Get your hot chicken stock ready and add saffron to the stock..
- Add onion peppers and 4 cloves of garlic and fry until soft..
- Add thyme, chilli or flakes and rice. Stir until rice is coated with oil. Turn down heat if rice starts to stick to the bottom of the pan..
- Add paprika and wine..
- When wine starts to bubble add about 1 and 1/2 pints of chicken stock. Add tomatoes and peas. Turn down heat and cook for about 10 mins. Don't take your eye of the pan because this rice is like a sponge. If it sticks or feels to thick add a little more stock..
- Now is the time to put the cat out. Heat the rest of your oil and garlic and butter in your other pan. Fry king prawns for about 1 minute each side. Then add to paella. Try to keep some oil you have a little more to do..
- Do the same with your prawns for 1 minute. Add to paella..
- Now add squid for no more than 1 minute and add to paella..
- Lemon and parsley to garnish. Let the cat in and enjoy..