Seafood Paella with Brown Rice.
This Yummy Seafood Paella with Brown Rice using 14 easy ingredients and 12 simple steps. Here is how you achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Seafood Paella with Brown Rice
- You need of fish to make the fish stock.
- It’s of water.
- It’s of onions.
- It’s of leek.
- You need of garlic.
- It’s of lemons.
- It’s of fresh parsley.
- You need of spring garlics or spring onions.
- You need of sweet paprika.
- You need of mature tomatoes.
- You need of thick fresh tuna steak, diced.
- Prepare of fresh prawns.
- It’s of a few strands of saffron.
- It’s of tomatoes.
Seafood Paella with Brown Rice instructions
- Wash the brown rice and leave it soaking until you need it..
- Heat the water in a large pan with a pinch of salt and the bayleaf. Wash the fish very very well. Peel and wash the vegetables and add fish, bayleaf, garlic cloves and vegetables to the water..
- Wash, peel and de-vein the prawns. Squees the juice o one of the lemons over the peeled prawns and put in the fridge..
- Add the prawn shells and heads (- don't be squeamish, they really add to the flavor!!) to the pan, cover and leave to simmer for an hour. Go and read a book or do something else for that hour..
- Drain the fish stock through a colander lined with cheesecloth or a very fine seive.
- Put some oil in the paella pan and gently fry the spring onions, peeled, trimmed and cut, and the paprika.
- Add the tuna pieces, and stir just until the pieces are sealed.
- Set aside in a bowl.
- Grate the tomatoes and sauté on a low heat in the same pan for five minutes. Add 6 cups of stock, the chopped parsley, saffron and the juice of the other lemon. And 2 cups of rice. Cover and leave simmering for 30 minutes..
- Take the lid off the pan, add the tuna and spring garlics or onions, turn the heat right up and start reducing the stock. The rice should be almost tender now..
- Once the stock has almost disappeared, and the rice is al dente, add the prawns and cover the pan again so that the prawns cook in the steam.
- After 10 minutes take the lid off and serve. Enjoy!.