You can cook Seafood Paella using 16 simple ingredients and 11 simple steps. Here is how you cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Seafood Paella
- Prepare of kingklip fillet.
- Prepare of calamari rings.
- It’s of mussel meat.
- You need of king prawns.
- It’s of red onion – finely chopped.
- You need of chopped tomato.
- It’s of tomato paste.
- You need of garlic finely minced.
- Prepare of thumb size ginger – grated.
- It’s of saffron.
- You need of basmati rice.
- You need of hot water.
- It’s of cold water.
- You need of baby peas.
- You need of red pepper – sliced.
- Prepare of To serve- parsley and lemon wedges.
Seafood Paella instructions
- Heat olive oil and fry kingklip in small batches for 3-4 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Fry calamari in same pan for 5 minutes and remove.
- Fry onion, garlic and ginger until fragrant in 1 Tbls ghee.
- Add tin of tomatoes and tomato paste and reduce for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Meanwhile add a pinch of saffron to 1 cup hot water and steep for 10minutes.
- Add rice to tomatoes sauce and braise for 5 minutes uncovered.
- Strain saffron and add infused water to tomatoes and rice mixture together with 3 cups cold water. Bring to the boil.
- Return precooked fish and calamari to the pan.
- Add mussel meat, peas and red pepper and simmer with lid closed until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Place prawns on top of rice and steam for 10 minutes until cooked.
- Serve with parsley and lemon wedges.