This Delicious Paella casserole using 22 easy ingredients and 7 simple steps. Here is how you cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Paella casserole
- It’s of butter, softened.
- You need of broken thin spaghetti.
- Prepare of long grain white rice.
- It’s of Generous pinch saffron threads.
- You need of chicken stock.
- Prepare of Flour, for dredging.
- You need of smoked paprika.
- Prepare of boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- You need of Kosher salt and pepper.
- It’s of olive oil.
- You need of chorizo, chopped.
- Prepare of garlic cloves, chopped.
- It’s of medium onion, chopped.
- You need of plus a splash dry sherry.
- You need of 1#, thick center-cut fillet of cod.
- It’s of frozen peas, thawed.
- It’s of fresh thyme, chopped.
- You need of roasted red bell peppers, chopped.
- You need of Old bay seasonning.
- It’s of # large shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- Prepare of lemon.
- You need of fresh parsley, chopped.
Paella casserole instructions
- First, roast bell peppers under broiler- on a cookie sheet, turning occasionally, until all sides are blackened. Put in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap; let cool. Peel and seed them..
- Preheat oven to 400°. Butter a casserole dish with 2T butter. Heat 2T butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the pasta and toast until golden. Stir in rice and saffron. Add 3C stock and bring to a boil; reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for 17 minutes. Add an extra 1/2C water if the liquid evaporates before the rice is tender. Meanwhile, season some flour with the paprika in a shallow dish, sprinkle the chicken with S&P, dredge in the flour and shake off excess..
- Heat 3T oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until brown and crisp on both sides, 12-15 min. Transfer chicken to paper towel lined plate to rest. Add 1T oil to the skillet, add the chorizo and cook until fat renders, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and onions and cook for 5 minutes. Deglaze with a splash of sherry, stirring and scraping up any brown bits from bottom with wooden spoon..
- Stir in peas, thyme and roasted peppers and immediately remove from heat. Slice the chicken and combine with rice mixture and chorizo–pepper mixture. Transfer to prepared casserole dish. Bake until heated through and the bottom is crisp, 30-40 min. Add about 1/2C stock if the top dries out too much..
- Meanwhile, cover the fish with about 1/2C salt and let stand for 10 minutes. Rinse and pat dry. Season some flour with old bay in a small dish. Lightly dredge the fish in flour and shake off excess. Heat the remaining 1T oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the fish and cook for 5-6 minutes, turning once. Transfer fish to a plate. Add shrimp to skillet and cook 4-5 min. Add lemon juice and 1/2C sherry, then swirl in 1T butter until melted. Add parsley..
- Flake the fish into pieces. Top the casserole with the fish, shrimp and sherry sauce. Divide among the plates and enjoy..
- This casserole can be covered and refrigerated before baking for a make-ahead meal. Quick salting cod with salt gives the fish a firmer texture and more pronounced flavor. (technique of NYC chef).