Seafood and chicken paella. This Chicken and Seafood Paella is a classic Spanish rice dish made with Arborio rice, packed with chicken, sausage, mussels, clams, shrimp and loaded with flavor. I have a romantic dish for you today. At least I think it's romantic because this isn't something you'd make every day.
Paella is one of my favorite dishes to cook when entertaining. Not only is it delicious but it's a one-pot dish which makes for simple preparation and easy clean-up. This version of seafood paella includes chicken and pork, as well as clams, mussels, and shrimp. This Yummy Seafood and chicken paella using 18 easy ingredients and 6 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Seafood and chicken paella
- You need of rice.
- It’s of saffron.
- It’s of mussels.
- It’s of frozen seafood mix.
- Prepare of chicken thigh.
- You need of zucchini.
- It’s of red paprika.
- It’s of onion.
- It’s of celery.
- You need of garlic.
- It’s of lemon.
- It’s of basil.
- Prepare of canned tomatoes.
- You need of bouillon broth powder.
- You need of water.
- Prepare of white wine.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of olive oil.
It's a bit of mary montaña—or surf and turf—as they say in Spain. A traditional paella pan, a long wooden spoon or paddle, and a barbecue or gas burner are needed to prepare this seafood paella. A wonderful Spanish Paella that's very easy to make and the presentation is great as well. Remove from skillet and season with salt and pepper.
Seafood and chicken paella instructions
- Cook the white wine and mussels in the main pot. Then take out mussels and the leftover broth, and set aside..
- Cut chicken and vegetables into small pieces..
- Warm the water in a small pot. Put in the broth and saffron..
- Put the olive oil, chicken, vegetables and seafood mix into the main pot, fry with the salt and pepper..
- Add canned tomatoes, broth, and put in the mussels broth. Heat on medium heat for 30 minutes..
- Top with mussels, lemon, and basil..
Next, add the remaining seafood and chicken broth to the saffron water. Finally, garnish with the lemon wedges. Ladle the paella in an individual bowl and squeeze over the lemon. The refreshing tartness will bring out the flavor, making the dish more. Paella is probably Spain's most famous dish.