Bitterleaf soup. Bitterleaf Soup is not bitter as implied by the name. Find out how to cook this traditional soup recipe. Bitter Leaf soup is a robust West African soup, predominant in countries like Cameroon, Nigeria and Ghana.
This soup is popular because it could be made in more than five. Delicious Bitterleaf Soup ( Ofe Onuegbu). This is a delicious Nigerian delicacy made with a special Notes. You can have Bitterleaf soup using 8 easy ingredients and 5 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Bitterleaf soup
- It’s of washed bitterleaf.
- It’s of cocoyam (boiled).
- You need of goat meat.
- It’s of scotch bonnet pepper(blended).
- It’s of knorr cube.
- You need of ground (crayfish).
- Prepare of palm oil.
- Prepare of Salt.
To process the bitter leaf: Wash the bitterleaf thoroughly with lots of water to remove sand. Bitter leaf soup recipe is a tasty and rich Nigerian soup, this is just like any other vegetable soup, but slightly different in taste and texture. Assorted meat or goat meat to. Bitterleaf Soup is the most traditional Igbo soup.
Bitterleaf soup step by step
- Wash and boil goat meat with all the knorr cube and salt until soft for 20min..
- Add crayfish and pepper allow to boil for 5 more minute..
- Peel the cocoyam back,and pound with the oil until no lump is found,then add into the pot to boil and scatter..
- Add water if too thick.Then rinse bitterleaf with clean water and add mix everything together..
- Allow for 5 minute.Soup is ready..
You should know that this kind of soup can be prepared not only with Achi. You can also prepare this fantastic dish with Ogbono, Ofor, cocoa yam and melon. Bitter leaf Soup is peculiar to the Igbo tribe of Eastern Nigeria. A lot of non-Igbos shy away from bitter leaf soup (Well, I did for the longest time) because they think that, true. Bitter leaf soup is popularly eaten by the Igbo speaking people of Eastern Nigeria, and The people of Cameroon.