Abacha (African salad). My grandmother always told me that Abacha is not a meal. Though it can be as filling as any other main course meal, African Salad is usually eaten as an in-between meal. Learn how to make Abacha (African salad) in few easy steps.
Abacha and Ugba also known as African salad is a Cassava based dish from the Igbo tribe of Eastern Nigeria. Abacha is simply dried shredded Cassava while Ugba on the other hand is fermented. Abacha or African Salad is made with cassava garnished with garden eggs and with fried fish. This Delicious Abacha (African salad) using 8 easy ingredients and 4 easy steps. This is guide how cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Abacha (African salad)
- Prepare 3 cup of abacha(boiled cassava sliced).
- Prepare 2 of large garden egg.
- It’s 21 of small garden egg.
- You need 1/2 of akpaka.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of palm oil.
- You need 1 of maggi cube.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of crayfish.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of potash.
It can be served as a meal or snack at home, restaurants or parties. Abacha is basically dried shredded cassava mixed with palm oil and other condiments. Today we are cooking the delicacy of the people of Enugu – a welcome dish called Abacha (African Salad). The main ingredient in Abacha is dried shaved cassava.
Abacha (African salad) instructions
- Pour abacha in a bowl,add maggi,crayfish and stir.
- Mix palm oil and potash together then pour in the bowl..
- Serve in a plate add akpaka on the top of the plate with garden egg..
- Its yummy..
The cassava is re-hydrated with water and combined with spices and seasonings. Traditionally, abacha can be served with ponmo. Find out how to make traditional Abacha with this easy-to-follow guide for preparing this popular African salad just the way you like it. Abacha ncha or African salad is a traditional meal from South East Nigeria. It is prepared from boiled and shredded cassava tuber.