Platain porridge with diced meat, ugu leaves & oven grilled fish. Plantain porridge is a Nigerian vegetable stew made with the starchy cousin of common bananas. Plantains are simmered until tender in a flavorful broth along with assorted vegetables and sometimes fish, beans or meat. Stir in the spinach, ugu leaf or other greens and salt and pepper to taste.
Whether you cook with bush or goat meat, remember to add smoked catfish. I don't like the taste of Mint leaf is scent leaf. Fairly ripe plantain can also be cooked this way. This Tasty Platain porridge with diced meat, ugu leaves & oven grilled fish using 8 easy ingredients and 3 simple steps. Here is how you achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Platain porridge with diced meat, ugu leaves & oven grilled fish
- You need of Unripe plantain – 2 fingers.
- It’s of Ugu.
- It’s of Boiled Beef and oven grilled Titus fish.
- You need of Seasoning.
- Prepare of Okpei.
- You need of Crayfish.
- Prepare of Water.
- You need of Palm oil.
This episode was inspired by Gift Isikaku who requested that I make a recipe video tutorial for unripe plantain porridge. Porridge plantain is one of the delicious foods that are made and eaten in Nigeria. Frankly, this meal doesn't appear often in my menu but anytime I decide to Plantain porridge is easy to prepare, it takes the same process as Porridge Yam, although, with a little twist and slight changes in ingredients. The spice of the ahigbo and dawadawa makes it rich in u cn also use scent leaves instead of ugu.and it cld also be cooked by frying the onions and fresh peper.
Platain porridge with diced meat, ugu leaves & oven grilled fish step by step
- Per boil the meat and cut in pieces. Wash the plantains, peel and cut in cube form. Add all in a clean pot.
- Fry the crayfish, grind with pepper, okpei and add to the pot with half cooking spoon of oil and a cube of seasoning..
- Put 200 litres of water and put on a medium fire. Once it starts boiling, simmer intermittently till it starts to thicken. Once the plantain is done (very soft) add the already washed and chopped ugu leaves and fish. Turn well, adjust your taste if necessary and put off the fire.
These plantains cooked in water and palm oil and loaded with ethnic flavours is one of my favourite one-pot dishes of all time. I add Ugu leaves to mine and if u try it with nchanwu leaves (african Basil) u will confess in tongues. How to cook simple porridge with beans and plantain. Image source: gettyimages.com Source This is how to prepare beans and plantain porridge in a different way. This recipe is simpler and Peel and dice the yam.