Jollof rice n beans. Jollof rice and beans can be a very tricky dish to make. Unlike our good old jollof rice, it is not a favorite to many. Jollof rice and beans still isn't my favorite to date but I enjoy it any time I make it.
Nigerian beans pottage or stewed beans is eaten across all regions of the country. It is often eaten with plantain, yam or bread. In this image, it has been served with jollof rice, one of the major meals in the country. This Delicious Jollof rice n beans using 12 simple ingredients and 3 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Jollof rice n beans
- You need of Boiled rice n beans.
- Prepare of Palm oil.
- Prepare of Tomatoes paste.
- It’s of Grated pepper n onions.
- You need of Palm oil.
- Prepare of Sliced onions.
- You need of Locust beans grinded.
- You need of Water.
- It’s of Crayfish.
- It’s of Seasoning.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Jollof spices.
For preparation of pottage beans, you will need beans, onions, stock cubes, palm oil, ground. This jollof rice is a vegan version of a classic West African dish. Filled with tomatoes, onions and spices, this jollof rice makes a flavorful side dish. Jollof rice is a classic West African dish.
Jollof rice n beans instructions
- In a pot heat up oil n onions,add grated peppers and paste n fry for few minutes.
- Add water,crayfish,spices,salt,locust beans,seasoning cubes n bring to a boil.
- Add rice n beans n stir. Allow to cook for 30minutes or till soft. Serve hot wv fried plantain.
The exact origins of the dish are unknown, but it is common in countries like Ghana, Nigeria and Senegal. Jollof Rice – Easy, flavorful and perfectly cooked African classic dish Jollof rice both made completely in the oven and on stovetop. Perfect for regular nights or special occasions! Jollof rice is a legendary one-pot dish that's ubiquitous in Nigeria, Cameroon, Ghana, Liberia, Togo, and Sierra Leone. Nigerian jollof rice and beans is very filling.