Boiled rice with ofe akwu. Ofe Akwu is mostly served with boiled rice, unlike the Delta version which is mainly served with Starch or other swallows. Ofe Akwu is actually very easy to prepare, as long as you get the basic requirements right. To achieve a very tasty result, your meats must be very well seasoned as the.
This stew is used to eat Boiled White Rice. Ofe Akwu is a palm nut stew that is native to the Igbos in Nigeria. It's common to see Ofe Akwu served as a sauce for boiled Rice or yams,but you can also enjoy it with boiled plantains and a lot more. This Tasty Boiled rice with ofe akwu using 9 easy ingredients and 7 easy steps. Here is how you achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Boiled rice with ofe akwu
- Prepare of Rice.
- You need of big Smoked fish.
- You need of Fresh cow meat.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Seasoning.
- You need of palm fruits.
- You need of Onion.
- It’s of cksp Crayfish.
- You need of cooking spoon blended fresh pepper.
Ofe Akwu is simple and delicious. It is cooked with many ingredients and different spices. To prepare this soup, you can use any kind of beef, goat meat You have to admit that this is better than doing everything by yourself manually. It is better to serve Ofe akwu with boiled rice, but you can serve it.
Boiled rice with ofe akwu instructions
- Boil rice for 15minutes,rinse and boil it again and salt to taste..
- Wash the meat,and boil the meat with onion,salt and seasoning..
- Boil the palmfruit and pound in a mortar,pour inside a big bowl and pour in 4 big cups of water..
- Then squeeze for 5minutes,sieve the oil out twice and boil for 40minutes..
- Blend the fresh pepper and crayfish.add the stockfish and meat to the boiling oil..
- Cook it for 15minutes,add salt,crayfish,fresh pepper and seasoning..
- Boil for 12minutes,stir very well preferably with a spartula,.
The Banga stew (ofe akwu) is very easy to make and very popular in the eastern part of Nigeria, almost every ingredient used in Making this stew could be gotten from the farm. Ofe Akwu is versatile, affordable and easy to cook. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Ofe Akwu is usually served with boiled white rice but I couldn't resist having mine with pounded yam. Serve with white boiled rice, or cauliflower rice.