Boiled yam and catfish pepper soup. Boiling of white yam. – Put it into a pot, pour warm water, add salt, ground pepper and seasoning. The time may vary depending on the size of fish. – Don't forget to put there the seafood which. Nigerian Catfish Pepper Soup (popularly known as Point & Kill) is that Nigerian pepper soup that is usually eaten in exclusive Nigerian bars and restaurants.
This recipe is very good for the cold weather and very simple. Yam pepper soup is my most favorite yam recipe of all time. Transfer the washed fish into a. You can have Boiled yam and catfish pepper soup using 10 easy ingredients and 4 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Boiled yam and catfish pepper soup
- Prepare of tuber of small sized yam.
- It’s of fresh catfish.
- Prepare of Grounded pepper soup spices.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- It’s of crayfish.
- It’s of mint leaves.
- Prepare of grounded nutmeg.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of knorr seasoning cube.
- You need of onions powder.
Catfish pepper soup is a very popular dish prepared in Nigeria. It is very simple and easy to make. Let simmer and serve when ready. Place cleaned fish in a pot, add in some stock or water, set the pot on medium heat.
Boiled yam and catfish pepper soup step by step
- Peel yam and cut into sizable portions. Wash thoroughly and place in pot with ample amount of water. Add salt to taste and boil until very soft..
- Cut the catfish into sizable portions and clean up with salt. Wash in a generous amount of water..
- Put catfish in clean pot add pepper, crayfish, pepper soup spice, nutmeg, onion powder and salt to taste. Allow to cook for 10minutes on medium heat..
- Add sliced mint leaf in the pepper soup with knorr cube. Allow to simmer for 2 minutes and serve food..
Add in the pepper soup mix, salt, maggi, oil and utazi. Pepper soup spice powder (You can get from the market). •Onion. Directions. •Cut the fish into sizes. •Boil warm water and put the fish inside to remove the slimy things on the body of the fish. •After that, put it in cold water and wash thoroughly. Catfish Pepper Soup is called 'point and kill", because of how the fish is picked up at the local Nigerian market. You can also check out other Nigerian Pepper Soup recipes, which includes; Goat meat pepper soup, assorted meat pepper soup and yam &fresh fish pepper soup.