Jollof rice with spinach. Jollof rice with spinach braimoh adetoun. A spicy chicken and rice dish based on the classic west African 'jollof' rice. Food blogging as we know it (in a nutshell) is a melange of gorgeous food photography, captivating writing style and quality content i.e. your recipes work, those are all key.
To make this vegan, use mushrooms in place of chicken and shrimp. Free Local delivery on all orders. It was pieces of spinach in a peanut based sauce. This Tasty Jollof rice with spinach using 23 easy ingredients and 9 easy steps. This is guide how achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Jollof rice with spinach
- It’s of Jollof rice.
- You need of boneless chicken breast skinned and diced.
- It’s of per boiled rice.
- Prepare of vegetable oil.
- You need of chicken bouillon powder.
- It’s of liquid chicken broths.
- Prepare of ground black pepper.
- It’s of dried thyme.
- It’s of curry powder.
- Prepare of white onions diced in cubes.
- It’s of bell pepper diced in cubes.
- It’s of tomatoes diced in cubes.
- You need of tomatoes paste.
- It’s of ginger.
- Prepare of bay leaf.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of vegetable.
- You need of spinach.
- It’s of vegetable oil.
- You need of chopped onion.
- You need of bell pepper diced in 8 pieces.
- Prepare of tomatoes diced in 8 pieces.
- You need of crayfish or any disired meat (optional).
I love spinach and peanuts, so this was really good.-Nsoke (black-eyed peas): Fascinating how many cuisines utilize black-eyed peas and rice. Stir in the spinach and sea salt and black pepper, then simmer gently until the spinach has wilted. Meanwhile, prepare the grilled plantain, if making. Jollof Rice With Gizzard and Spinach Sauce Posted in: Food, gizzards, recipes, rice, spinach.
Jollof rice with spinach step by step
- In a big skillet, sautee onions, bell pepper, and tomatoes in veg. oil for 2 mins.
- Mix tomatoes paste with ground black pepper in a bowl add little water to make it blend but not watery, pour it in the skillet on mix with spoon,make sure it doesn't stick, add bouillon powder, add chicken and stir,add dried thyme, ginger and salt,fry for 2mins under medium heat, don't let it stick stir if necessary.
- Pour the per boiled rice gradually an stir with a spatula as u pour stir until it the rice blend, lift each side of the rice with the spatula in circular form adding the broth, do not stir,add bay leaves and cover letter it simmer for 3 min or until the rice is dry, u can now stir if u sure the rice is dry.
- For spinach.
- Sautee all diced ingredients add crayfish or any meat, add salt.
- In a bowl cut the spinach and wash with hot water 2 time, making sure it's not too soft or soggy.
- Add garlic (optional) and spinach to the sautéed ingredients and stir until the vegetable blend in, cover and let it simmer for 1min or until it's succulent.
- Food is ready to be served.
I have shared another recipe for cooking jollof rice with Chicken broth here, but in this recipe, I used the knorr cubes in place of fresh stock for seasoning. As for the sauce, it was very yummy, take my word for it 🙂 In May, I posted a picture of my Kilishi Jollof Rice and Sautéed Spinach on Instagram (You can follow me on @justt_bella) and a lot of people requested for the recipe. Thankfully, it's a no brainer as long as you know the basics of making Jollof rice. In Ghana, rice and Kontomire stew are cooked separately and enjoyed together; Where as in Nigeria it's cooked together and named Iwuk Edese (native Jollof rice)dish which is synonymous with the Efik people of the South Eastern part of Nigeria. Jollof Rice, Fried Rice, Garnished Beef in stew, Garnished Chicken in stew.