Addictive Cajun Boiled Peanuts. Cajun Boiled Peanuts. ♫Sitting by the roadside on a summer's day Chatting with my mess-mates, passing time away Lying in the shadows underneath the trees Goodness, how delicious, eating goober peas. Peas, peas, peas, peas Eating goober peas Goodness, how delicious, Eating goober peas.♫. Spicy Cajun Boiled Peanuts — are salty, spicy, nutty and oh so addictive.
Stir in sliced jalapeno peppers and their liquid. These spicy Cajun Boiled Peanuts get their kick from Cajun seasoning and Cajun liquid crab boil. Cajun Boiled Peanuts Roasted Peanuts Crockpot Boiled Peanuts Peanut Recipes Crockpot Recipes Snack Recipes Drink Recipes Healthy Recipes Boil Boiled Peanuts History and Recipe. This Yummy Addictive Cajun Boiled Peanuts using 11 easy ingredients and 5 simple steps. Here is how you achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Addictive Cajun Boiled Peanuts
- You need of bag of raw peanuts.
- It’s of crockpot.
- You need of water (as needed).
- Prepare of sea salt.
- It’s of 4 oz. bottle of liquid crab boil.
- It’s of handful Tony Chachares creole seasoning.
- Prepare of ground cayenne pepper.
- It’s of handful crushed red pepper.
- It’s of bay leaf.
- You need of garlic (chopped).
- You need of onion powder.
Boiled peanuts are a traditional snack food in southern states. They are an acquired taste, but according to. Boiled peanuts have been popular in the south since at least the civil war when our troops used to carry them as a large part of their rations. With salt being a natural preservative, the boiled peanuts could be carried and eaten for up to a week, providing a quick nutritional source on the go and helping.
Addictive Cajun Boiled Peanuts instructions
- Pour bag of peanuts into the crock pot..
- Fill crock pot up with water, leaving about 2 inches to the top for stirring purposes..
- Set crock pot on high. Once water is boiling, add spices..
- Let peanuts cook in crockpot for 24 hours, stirring occasionally..
- Once 24 hours is up, check doneness and spiciness of peanut. If not tender enough, cook an additional 3 hours at a time until done to your liking. If too spicy, dump half the liquid and refill with water. Stir and cook until boiling..
Making Boiled Peanuts in a crock pot is super easy. Much easier than cooking them stove-top. For spicy boiled peanuts I like to add sliced jalapenos, Cajun seasoning (Tony Chachere's is my Boiled peanuts can be eaten either warm or cold. I like them both ways, but if I had to choose, I prefer them. This boiled peanut recipe is a southern tradition and a delicious mess.