Ali's Homemade Beef Jerky.
You can have Ali's Homemade Beef Jerky using 14 easy ingredients and 9 easy steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ali's Homemade Beef Jerky
- Prepare of fat trimmed Topside roast beef joint.
- You need of soy sauce.
- You need of oyster sauce.
- It’s of honey.
- Prepare of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare of FINELY chopped garlic.
- You need of hot chillis FINELY chopped.
- You need of cayenne pepper.
- You need of sweet chilli sauce.
- It’s of Oxo beef stock cube.
- You need of Himalayan pink salt.
- Prepare of mixed ground pepper.
- Prepare of sesame oil.
- Prepare of mixed herbs.
Ali's Homemade Beef Jerky step by step
- Remove all fat from beef (as much as possible).
- Slice beef THINLY to required size – I like mine to be about 1" wide and 2 – 3" long.
- In a bowl mix all other ingredients together – adjust measurements to suit your taste (ie amount of chilli or cayenne pepper used).
- Note that flavours do not traditionally go together but the final result is delicious.
- Add sliced beef and mix thoroughly until all meat is coated.
- Cover bowl in Clingfilm and keep in fridge for a minimum of three hours/overnight is best to infuse flavour into the meat.
- Place beef on trays of dehydrator do not overcrowd to allow air to flow and stack trays.
- Setting should be for meat and dehydrate overnight for 12 – 16 hours….I like a touch of moisture still in my jerky so that it is a little juicy but try a piece after 12 hours to see what you prefer.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge – if your friends and family are like mine you won't have much left to store once it is ready to eat.