Green beans & onion brown rice w fish & broth. Green beans are the unripe, young fruit and protective pods of various cultivars of the common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris). Immature or young pods of the runner bean (Phaseolus coccineus). Green beans, also known as French beans or snap beans, are tender, elongated, firm yet flexible edible pods of the bean plant.
Green beans give a large harvest for the amount of work that they require. So here is the skinny on green beans. Green beans are also called string beans. This Perfect Green beans & onion brown rice w fish & broth using 19 simple ingredients and 13 simple steps. This is guide how cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Green beans & onion brown rice w fish & broth
- You need of RICE.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Butter/margarine.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of French style frzn gr beans.
- Prepare 2 medium of Onions(1&¼ for the rice the remaining ¾ for the fish).
- It’s 1 of Salt & pepper to taste.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sundried tomatoes blended together w oven-roasted garlic (tomatoes came in a jar packed in olive oil, roast the garlic then put it into the fp w the tomatoes & blend til paste like consistency, put back in jar, this way the r garlic won't go bad!).
- Prepare 2 cup of Instant brown rice.
- Prepare 2 cup of Pre-made chicken broth(like if you pre-boiled some chicken for baking or something. Or you can use water or store bought broth or use vegetable broth, I like to use homemade.).
- It’s of Fish.
- Prepare 1 of Use the same chicken broth, enuf to cover the filets..
- It’s 8 medium of Tilapia filets(mine were frzn).
- Prepare 3/4 medium of Onion, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 of Salt & pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 of Garlic powder to taste.
- You need 1/4 cup of (or, more or less to taste) lemon juice!.
- Prepare 1 of A couple dahes of chili oil.
- Prepare 1 of A couple dashes of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 of Spanish paprika towards the end for taste, & then to garnish..
- It’s 1 of A couple dashes of hot sauce.
They are a rich source of vitamins A, C, and K, among other important nutrients. They are a favorite among most families and are a part of many delectable dishes. These green bean recipes use everything from bacon-infused broth to lemon vinaigrette. Green beans are an essential side dish for any dinner table, especially over the holidays.
Green beans & onion brown rice w fish & broth step by step
- FOR THE RICE: put the butter/margarine & the gr beans into a rice cooker. Turn the rice cooker on to start thawing the beans. Meanwhile, dice up 1&¼ of the onions up, (thinly slice the remaining ¾ for the fish).
- Once you hv the onion diced, add it to the beans. Stir it around a bit, then add the salt & pepper. Stir some more. Now add the tomatoes & stir. Mix well. Turn off cooker til you hv added the rice & broth..
- Next, add the rice & the broth, making sure to mix it well so you get everything well incorporated. Put on the lid & turn it on..
- FOR THE FISH: (I did mine on the stovetop. You can bake it if you like, just note that it might hv a different flavor or texture.) In a lrg skillet, add the broth, fish, & onion. Turn the burner on medium-med high. (note that the fish may overlap each other, this is ok.).
- Next, add your salt & pepper & garlic powder..
- (stir the rice & check on the doness.).
- Now you can add in the lemon juice, worcestershire, & the chili oil(can be replaced by red pepper flakes if you don't hv any oil.).
- Let this come to a boil. (it'll cook pretty fast once it starts boiling.) No need to flip the fish, just let them cook for now..
- Finally, check to see if your rice cooker has turned off (or over to warm), if it has, stir the rice & check the rice for doneness, & to see if it needs more liquid or not. Add if needed. Next, check on the fish. (note: fish will fall apart, this is suppose to happen! Instead of trying to flip the filets, just stir the fish til you hv lrg broken chunks of fish. Taste for seasoning lvl. Add more seasonings @ this time if they are needed..
- @ this time, if everything is done, add the paprika & let cook for another 2-3 min. Then add in a dash or 2 of hot sauce if desired..
- To serve, mound some of the rice in the center of a bowl & ladle some of the fish w broth on top then add a little extra broth over the whole thing..
Green bean varieties come in bush and pole types. Both bush and pole beans have dozens of cultivars, from broad, meaty Roma types to thin and delicate French filet beans (haricorts verts). This is the third most popular garden plant (after tomato and peppers). Green beans, also called snap beans or string beans, are a staple in many kitchens across the United States. They're a beloved side dish at family potlucks, holiday meals, and nightly dinners.