Causa Limeña (Peruvian dish). Causa rellena (causa limeña or causa peruana) is a recipe from Peru that combines lemony and spiced mashed potatoes with tuna or chicken, and avocado. This versatile Peruvian potato dish makes a great light meal or a fine addition to a buffet spread. Causa can be layered with any number of fillings — chicken salad and tuna salad are favorites.
Causa Limeña is a wonderfully simple yet sophisticated Peruvian dish- it comes in many shapes and colors- I chose to use three different kinds of potatoes. These dishes and beverages are representative of the Peruvian cuisine. Adobo de chancho: Pork, turmeric, ground garlic, vinegar, and salt. You can have Causa Limeña (Peruvian dish) using 12 simple ingredients and 7 simple steps. Here is how you achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Causa Limeña (Peruvian dish)
- It’s 1 can of Tuna.
- You need 1/2 of Onion.
- You need 1 can of Sweet corn.
- Prepare 1 packages of Yellow Aji (Peruvian yellow chili pepper paste).
- It’s 2 of Hard boiled eggs.
- You need 1/2 of Avocado (optional).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 pinch of Black pepper.
- You need 1 pinch of Curry.
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need 1 bunch of Chopped cilantro.
- Prepare 8 of Yellow Potatoes.
Adobo: Pork marinated with concho de chicha (corn beer sediment) and spices, cooked in a pot with onions, served with bread. La causa limeña es un plato típico de la cocina peruana y su ingrediente más característico es la papa amarilla. En RecetasGratis.net queremos mostrarte la receta tradicional elaborada de forma sencilla para que puedas prepararla en casa sin problemas. ¿Quieres saber cómo? Causa is a beloved cold potato entree that's unlike any other dish in the culinary world.
Causa Limeña (Peruvian dish) instructions
- Slice half an onion and put it in a bowl with the sweet corn, the juice of three lemons, a pinch of salt. You can add a little bit of balsamic vinegar to add color to it. Leave it there, you will use it at the end..
- Place the peeled potatoes in boiling water with salt until they are soft enough to be mashed.
- Mash the potatoes adding the olive oil, the pinch of curry and the aji paste.
- Prepare the tuna, add mayonnaise, the cilantro, a pinch of black pepper and salt.
- With a tall cookie cutter, or anything with a tall shape, even a can can be used as a mold place a layer of the mashed potatoes, like two fingers tall, then a layer of tuna, then a layer of sliced avocado, then finish a layer of mashed potatoes.
- Turn the mold on top of a plate and put on top of it two slices of hard boiled eggs and on top of that the mix of sliced onions and sweet corn. You can add basil or parsley to decorate it.
- * in the middle layer you can use chicken or shrimp instead..
The yellow potato and yellow chili pepper mash is assembled in layers, together with chicken, seafood, corn, avocado, olives, and whatever the imagination allows. This is a colorful and tasty variation of the. Potatoes are native to Peru and are an ever-present fixture in many Peruvian recipes. And this dish could well serve as an homage to the papa amarilla, that deliciously floury potato. Check out Causa Limeña de Pollo (Causa Rellena) for a chicken version of this classic, creamy dish.