seafood chowder. Tender shrimp, fish and scallops are combined in a creamy white wine broth with veggies. Seafood Stock: Warm the oil in a stockpot over medium heat. My husband, Chad is an avid fisherman.
Can't wait to make that stock and take all that extra time? Creamy Seafood Chowder, a feast of tasty fish & seafood in a beautifully seasoned creamy broth. Makes an elegant lunch or in small portions as an appetizer. You can have seafood chowder using 15 simple ingredients and 5 simple steps. Here is how you achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of seafood chowder
- Prepare of mixed seafood (or clams).
- Prepare of russet potato (small dice).
- Prepare of celery stalk.
- It’s of white onion (small dice).
- You need of garlic cloves.
- You need of diced bacon.
- It’s of flour.
- Prepare of chardonnay.
- It’s of heavy cream.
- You need of clam juice.
- It’s of butter.
- Prepare of lemon (juiced).
- You need of bay leaf.
- You need of dill.
- It’s of S&P to taste.
This chowder of root-cellar vegetables, clams and fish is one of the easiest and best things to cook for a weekend dinner with family and friends. A delicious bowl of seafood chowder right in the middle of summer or on a crisp spring day. Just close your eyes and imagine eating your chowder by the sea. Seafood Chowder with Clams, Shrimp and Fish.
seafood chowder instructions
- saute bacon in skillet, then add butter, celery, potatoe, garlic until they sweat..
- add sifted flour into pan until well coated, bottom of pan will brown a little..
- deglaze pan with wine and scrape the bottom with wooden spoon..
- add clam juice, bay leaf, lemon juice, and cream and cook on low head until it reduces slightly (not a thick chowder).
- add the seafood last so it will not overcook, simmer for about 10 minutes on low, then serve up..
Creamy chowder with an abundance of clams, shrimp and fish for hearty soup to please a crowd. Seafood Chowder is hearty, filling, delicious, and super easy to make. You'll wow everyone with this Seafood Chowder is a favorite dish in our house. It's rich and hearty, super filling and a total comfort. Let's share our Seafood Chowder passion here 🙂 Best ones, reviews, recipes etc.