Chinese Peranakan Mixed Herbs Rice – Nasi Ulam.
You can have Chinese Peranakan Mixed Herbs Rice – Nasi Ulam using 14 easy ingredients and 7 easy steps. This is guide how achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Chinese Peranakan Mixed Herbs Rice – Nasi Ulam
- It’s of bowl of cooked white rice.
- It’s of grated coconut.
- You need of lemon grass.
- Prepare of torch ginger bud.
- Prepare of ginger.
- You need of dried shrimps.
- You need of turmeric.
- Prepare of turmeric leaves.
- You need of peppermint leaves.
- Prepare of kaffir leaves.
- Prepare of black/white pepper.
- You need of salted fish (Kurau/threadfin).
- You need of Shallots.
- It’s of cashew leaf shoots.
Chinese Peranakan Mixed Herbs Rice – Nasi Ulam instructions
- cooked white rice to be cool down for an hour.
- grated coconut to be fried in low heat without oil until slightly brown with minor aroma.
- pound dried shrimps and pepper to sea sand size.
- cut all other ingredients to millimeters size.
- put rice in big bowl and mix with all the other ingredients.
- add salted fish at the final stage to control saltiness of dish.
- for vegetarians replace fish and shrimp with salted branches and sea salt.