Jollof rice with spinach. Jollof rice is a very common dish prepared in many African countries and each recipe differs depending on the nation. I specifically prepare the Nigerian party jollof rice which I still feel is one of the best recipes out there (not being biased, just stating facts LOL). This is how I prepared my spinach jollof rice., very yummy and delicious recipe.
This Nigerian Jollof rice is spicy, fresh, comforting, and satisfying – all in one – the perfect rice dish! I can have it on its own any time of the week, and it makes a wonderful side dish for. Nigerian Jollof Rice or Jellof rice is a rich and incredibly tasty west African one-pot Meal. This Yummy Jollof rice with spinach using 23 simple ingredients and 9 simple steps. This is guide how cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Jollof rice with spinach
- It’s of Jollof rice.
- You need 900 grams of boneless chicken breast skinned and diced.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of per boiled rice.
- You need 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 tsp of chicken bouillon powder.
- You need 1 1/2 can of liquid chicken broths.
- It’s 1 dash of ground black pepper.
- Prepare dash of dried thyme.
- Prepare dash of curry powder.
- It’s 1 medium of white onions diced in cubes.
- Prepare 1 medium of bell pepper diced in cubes.
- You need 2 medium of tomatoes diced in cubes.
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp of tomatoes paste.
- Prepare 1/2 clove of ginger.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s dash of salt.
- You need of vegetable.
- It’s 500 grams of spinach.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 small of chopped onion.
- Prepare 1 medium of bell pepper diced in 8 pieces.
- You need 1 medium of tomatoes diced in 8 pieces.
- You need 1 of crayfish or any disired meat (optional).
It is a very versatile dish and it is usually made from. Jollof rice is one of the most common West African dishes eaten in the regions of Nigeria, Ghana, Togo, Senegal, Gambia, Mali, Sierra Leone, Ivory Coast. Coconut Jollof Rice -One pot Aromatic Chicken & Rice cooked slowing cooked with coconut milk Jollof Rice (Jellof Rice) – a popular Nigerian one-pot dish that is bursting with flavors topped with Orzo Pasta with Spinach and Parmesan is an easy recipe using fresh ingredients to maximize flavor. When Jollof rice first landed on our dinner table, my family had never tasted or even heard of Jollof rice, yet it felt familiar.
Jollof rice with spinach step by step
- In a big skillet, sautee onions, bell pepper, and tomatoes in veg. oil for 2 mins.
- Mix tomatoes paste with ground black pepper in a bowl add little water to make it blend but not watery, pour it in the skillet on mix with spoon,make sure it doesn't stick, add bouillon powder, add chicken and stir,add dried thyme, ginger and salt,fry for 2mins under medium heat, don't let it stick stir if necessary.
- Pour the per boiled rice gradually an stir with a spatula as u pour stir until it the rice blend, lift each side of the rice with the spatula in circular form adding the broth, do not stir,add bay leaves and cover letter it simmer for 3 min or until the rice is dry, u can now stir if u sure the rice is dry.
- For spinach.
- Sautee all diced ingredients add crayfish or any meat, add salt.
- In a bowl cut the spinach and wash with hot water 2 time, making sure it's not too soft or soggy.
- Add garlic (optional) and spinach to the sautéed ingredients and stir until the vegetable blend in, cover and let it simmer for 1min or until it's succulent.
- Food is ready to be served.
It's that comforting one-pot Rice is a staple food through Ghana and Jollof rice is their most popular rice dish. Now it's popular in my house too! Jollof rice, or jollof (/ˈdʒɒləf/), also known as benachin in Wolof ('one pot'), is a one-pot rice dish popular in many West African countries such as Nigeria, Ghana, Gambia, Senegal, Cameroon. Here is a SIMPLE jollof rice recipe that can be prepared on any budget; the recipe is especially Remove the bay leafs and Serve jollof rice with your choice of protein. I recently fell in love with Even my husband gave me compliments and was boasting about the okro and spinach to his friends.