Accessible Thai Basil Chicken.
You can have Accessible Thai Basil Chicken using 13 simple ingredients and 4 easy steps. This is guide how cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Accessible Thai Basil Chicken
- You need of boneless, skinless chicken, cut into 1/4"thick slices that are about 1.5" long AND seasoned with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- You need of large bell pepper, cut into 1/2" strips vertically.
- It’s of large onion, cut into 1/2" strips vertically.
- It’s of large cloves garlic, peeled and chopped.
- It’s of fresh (Thai) basil leaves to taste (At least about 20, but I LOVE Thai basil, so I probably put in, like 100).
- Prepare of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of For the sauce, MIX TOGETHER IN A SMALL BOWL:.
- Prepare of oyster sauce.
- You need of fresh lime juice.
- Prepare of fish sauce.
- You need of ketchup.
- You need of sugar.
- It’s of crushed red chili flakes to taste (About 1/4 teaspoon for the tiniest bit of heat, and adjusting up for as much heat as you like. I do a Tablespoon or more, but I'm a chili head.).
Accessible Thai Basil Chicken step by step
- Preheat a large work or saute pan with 1 teaspoon oil to high, then saute half of the chicken at a time until all the pieces are almost cooked through (opaque), then add half of the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds or so. When the first batch is done, set it aside on a large baking sheet or platter and repeat the process with the other half of the chicken and garlic (with another teaspoon of oil). White meat should take 3 to 4 minutes per batch to cook through, dark meat 5 to 6 minutes..
- Keeping the heat high, add another teaspoon of oil and stir fry half of your veg along with half your basil leaves until the onions turn translucent. Set the first half of the cooked veg and basil leaves aside with the cooked chicken and repeat the process with the second half of the veg and basil leaves..
- When the second batch of veg is done, keep it in your pan and set it to the side, making a well in the center. Add another teaspoon of oil and let it heat up for 10 seconds or so. Then pour in the sauce and let it cook and caramelize in the hot oil, undisturbed, for 10 to 20 seconds. Pour in the rest of the cooked ingredients and stir to thoroughly incorporate the seasoning..
- That's it! Enjoy!.