Vietnamese Spring Rolls.
This Yummy Vietnamese Spring Rolls using 23 simple ingredients and 7 easy steps. This is guide how cook that.
Ingredients of Vietnamese Spring Rolls
- Prepare of Rice vermicelli as needed, soaked in the hot water to soften.
- Prepare of avocado, slice 0.25 inch thickness.
- Prepare of hard boiled eggs, cut in 8 slices.
- It’s of cucumber, peeled and seeded then cut in julienne.
- You need of carrot, peeled and cut in julienne.
- You need of Lettuce, any kind will work or use mix green salad.
- You need of Any herbs you like such as mint, thai basil, cilantro, etc (optional).
- You need of Cooked shrimp.
- Prepare of Rice wrapper.
- It’s of Peanut Hoisin Sauce Ingredients :.
- Prepare of canola oil.
- You need of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare of hoisin sauce.
- It’s of water.
- It’s of peanut butter.
- Prepare of sugar.
- You need of Fish Sauce :.
- Prepare of garlic clove, minced.
- Prepare of fish sauce.
- Prepare of Sambal Oelek (chili paste) or chopped bird eye chili, depends on how spicy you like.
- Prepare of Lemon juice.
- Prepare of sugar.
- You need of hot water.
Vietnamese Spring Rolls step by step
- Working with 1 rice wrapper at a time, dip it in warm water for only 1 second (just until soft enough). Lay wrapper on a flat work surface..
- To assemble each roll, lay a lettuce leaf horizontally on the bottom half of the moistened rice wrapper. At the base of the lettuce, place several strands of noodles, a little each of the carrot and cucumber, 2 slices each of avocado and eggs, several leaves of mint and cilantro. Be careful not to overstuff the rolls, otherwise the wrapper will get torn..
- Fold in the sides of the rice paper and lift the bottom edge of the rice paper and carefully place over the noodles and other ingredients, then put 3 or 4 shrimp on top then roll to form a tight cylinder..
- Place the prepared rolls, seam side down, on a platter and cover with a damp kitchen towel. The rolls can be held at room temperature for several hours before serving..
- To make the peanut hoisin sauce : heat the oil, saute the garlic until golden. Add the remaining ingredients. Cook until it boils and thickened. Adjust the taste..
- To make the fish sauce : mix all the ingredients. Stir until the sugar dissolved. Taste it. Add sugar and water as needed to adjust the taste because every different fish sauce brand has different saltiness..
- Serve the rolls with either one of the sauces or both. I prefer to have both sauce for my rolls because the combination of both flavor is just amazing..