Cajun Stuffed Catfish on Creole Wild Rice.
You can have Cajun Stuffed Catfish on Creole Wild Rice using 20 easy ingredients and 10 easy steps. Here is how you achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Cajun Stuffed Catfish on Creole Wild Rice
- It’s of Catfish fillets.
- You need of shrimp.
- Prepare of crabmeat.
- It’s of onion.
- Prepare of bell pepper.
- It’s of garlic.
- It’s of sleeve saltine crackers.
- It’s of unsalted butter.
- It’s of Cajun seasoning.
- You need of cayenne pepper.
- You need of olive oil.
- It’s of salt & pepper.
- It’s of wild rice mix.
- You need of wild rice.
- You need of water.
- You need of black eye peas.
- You need of onion flakes.
- You need of garlic flakes.
- You need of cajun seasoning.
- You need of salt & pepper.
Cajun Stuffed Catfish on Creole Wild Rice instructions
- Dice onion, pepper & garlic very small & cook in saute pan with a little olive oil & pinch of salt until soft. Remove from pan & put in bowl..
- In a touch of oil & butter cook cleaned chopped shrimp until they turn color & then add the crabmeat & cook for 1 minute. Remove & put in the bowl with veggies & let sit until cooled..
- Melt a stick of butter & let cool..
- Roughly crush the saltine crackers & add to the bowl with the old bay seasoning, cayenne pepper, salt & pepper & gently fold into the mixture & add the melted butter & gently mix. The stuffing is done..
- Season both sides of the catfish with salt & pepper & stuff a healthy amount of the stuffing into the inside part of the fillet & wrap the fish around it overlapping slightly on the bottom..
- Crush a few saltine crackers finely and add cajun seasoning & small pinch of cayenne pepper & mix & sprinkle on the top of the rolled fillets..
- Heavily grease a pan with butter & add stuffed catfish with folded side down & cook in 350° oven until done (approximately 20 minutes) & put under broiler for a minute to brown slightly if needed..
- Rinse rice 3 times & add into a pot with all the ingredients expect the beans with the amount of water on rice cooking directions. Bring to a boil & stir & reduce flame to low..
- When half way cooked add the black eyed peas & stir & let finish cooking..
- Plate bed of rice & serve with a stuffed catfish on top..