Sambal Squid (Sambal Sotong).
You can have Sambal Squid (Sambal Sotong) using 16 easy ingredients and 3 easy steps. Learn how to achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Sambal Squid (Sambal Sotong)
- Prepare 200 g of Squid (cut into bite size pieces).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Lime Juice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s of Sambal Paste (processed in a blender);.
- It’s 50 g of Shallots.
- You need 20 g of Garlic.
- It’s 25 g of Fermented Shrimp Paste.
- It’s 20 g of Dried Chilli (deseed, rehydrate).
- Prepare of Pre-Sauce (mix in a bowl);.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Oyster Sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Sweet Dark Soy.
- Prepare 1-2 Tbsp of Palm Sugar.
- It’s of Other Ingredients;.
- It’s 2 pc of Tamarind Slice.
- Prepare 1 cup of Coconut Milk.
- You need 3 Tbsp of Cooking Oil.
Sambal Squid (Sambal Sotong) instructions
- MARINADE; marinate the squid in lime juice and salt for minimum 30 minutes. The Lime will remove any fishy scent..
- COOK THE PASTE; Heat the cooking oil in a wok until hot. Fry the Sambal paste until the oil separates..
- PRE-SAUCE; Once the oil separates, add the Pre-Sauce, Tamarind Slices, Coconut Milk and squid. Cook until the liquid has reduced to your desired consistency. Season with salt and sugar if necessary..