Shrimp and Grits. Saute the shrimp, garlic and seasoning in drippings until shrimp turn pink. Serve with grits and Grits have a subtle corn flavor and tend to have a neutral taste, which makes them a wonderful base. Shrimp and Grits is a classic Southern dish that's quick enough for a simple weeknight meal.
It is a traditional breakfast dish, though many consider it more of a lunch or supper dish. Elsewhere, grits are accompanied by fried catfish or salmon croquettes. Shrimp and grits is one of those iconic Southern dishes that stir something deep inside those who grew up with them. You can have Shrimp and Grits using 17 easy ingredients and 13 simple steps. This is guide how cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Shrimp and Grits
- It’s of Main.
- It’s 12 large of raw, peeled and deveined shrimp.
- You need 10 oz of Andouille Sausage.
- You need 1 large of Green Bell Pepper.
- You need 1 medium of onion.
- It’s 1 of jalapeno pepper (de-seeded).
- Prepare 4 cup of Grits.
- It’s 8 cup of water.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 3/4 packages of cream cheese.
- You need 2 cup of cheddar cheese.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter or margarine.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Garlic powder.
- You need 1 box of Tony's Creole Base (etouffe' mix).
Originally from the oceanic South—Georgia, the Low Country coast of the. Bobby Flay takes Southern-style Shrimp and Grits to the next level by adding sharp cheddar, bacon and lime juice in this easy recipe from Food Network. Shrimp and Grits – a dish that has been nagging me for years to try it. Last week, while in Memphis I researched Shrimp and Grits on my flight home and learned a lot, not the least of which was that it.
Shrimp and Grits instructions
- In a large stockpot bring grits and water to boil. Then turn to simmer.
- Slice peppers and remove seeds. Then slice onion..
- Preheat skillet to medium high heat and add 2tbsp of olive oil.
- Saute peppers and onion for 5-7 min. Then set them aside in a bowl..
- Add one tbsp of butter to preheated skillet and add shrimp and sliced sausage. Stirring as needed until shrimp is cooked through. Set aside in bowl..
- Prepare creole (etouffe') mix in skillet according to directions..
- Add a cup or so of the cream cheese to mix and the cup of milk.
- Bring to light boil then add shrimp, sausage, peppers, and onions. Reduce heat to simmer..
- Add cayenne, garlic powder, and hot sauce if desired.
- Once grits are done. Add as much butter as desired, cheddar cheese, and some of the cream cheese.
- Then add the salt and black pepper ( consider paprika too) to the grits.
- Once creole base has reached desired consistency remove from heat..
- Plate the grits and pour creole base over the top. Enjoy! And please post pictures!!.
Shrimp and Grits go together like… well… shrimp and grits! This classic southern combo couldn't be more comforting. Okay, you had us at Grits. This recipe for shrimp and grits starts with a clever tip for In an ideal world, we'd all be getting fresh coastal shrimp for our shrimp and grits — but we'll settle for frozen shrimp with the shell on. Shrimp and grits is a Southern dish everyone—regardless of where you're from—should know how to make.