Cajun spicy boiled peanuts. Place peanuts, crab boil, jalapenos, garlic powder, salt, Cajun seasoning, and red pepper flakes into a slow cooker. I miss my spicy boiled peanuts from the roadside stand and these are DYNO-MITE! The longer you let them sit on low in the crock pot the better!
The shells pull apart easily, but the softer nuts do not always fall out. You need to pull them out sometimes. Our Favorite Cajun Boiled Peanuts Recipe. You can cook Cajun spicy boiled peanuts using 8 easy ingredients and 8 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to cook that.
Ingredients of Cajun spicy boiled peanuts
- You need 1 packages of raw jumbo peanuts.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of hot cajun seasoning.
- You need 2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 each of habanero pepper, sliced..
- You need 1/2 cup of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of red chili pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1/3 packages of hot peppers, chopped..
- Prepare 1 each of zattairans shrimp and crab boil, 3 Oz..
Boiled peanuts are a great snack for casual parties and events. They are unique in taste and texture, and A good boiled peanut recipe is easy to make, and includes spices and herbs to complement the flavor of the softened peanuts. For spicy boiled peanuts I like to add sliced jalapenos, Cajun seasoning (Tony Chachere's is my favorite), and lots of red pepper flakes. Boiled peanuts can be eaten either warm or cold.
Cajun spicy boiled peanuts step by step
- Rinse and drain peanuts several times to get dirt or shell pieces off..
- Soak peanuts in lukewarm water for 30-45 minutes..
- Place peanuts in large stock pot, fill with water..
- Add all spices and water to cover. Peanuts will float to tip, stir..
- Bring to boil, stir frequently. Continue for 45-60 minutes..
- Transfer to crockpot. Simmer on low for 7+ hours..
- When softness of peanut has been achieved, turn off. Let peanuts soak for more flavor. Serve in cup, don't forget your extra cup for peanuts. Refrigerate leftovers for 2-3 days. You can freeze leftovers..
I like them both ways, but if I had to choose, I prefer them cold, especially during the summer which tends to be. In this short episode I show you how to cook this boiled peanut recipe of mine. I like boiled peanuts the most when they are spicy! So this is a Spicy Cajun. These spicy Cajun Boiled Peanuts get their kick from Cajun seasoning and Cajun liquid crab boil.