Tangy Shrimp and Slaw Tacos.
You can cook Tangy Shrimp and Slaw Tacos using 16 simple ingredients and 5 easy steps. Here is how you achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Tangy Shrimp and Slaw Tacos
- You need 3/4 lb of thawed jumbo shrimp (16/20 size).
- It’s 1 tsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of canola oil.
- You need 1/4 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of adobo seasoning.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- It’s 8 oz of shredded cabbage (slaw mix).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of traditional oil/vingar based slaw dressing (includes sugar, soybean oil, white and cider vinegar, salt, turmeric, garlic) – or mix your own with these ingredients to taste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lime juice.
- Prepare 8 oz of canned chick peas.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of medium salsa.
- Prepare 1 of avacado slices.
- You need 1 of shredded cheddar jack cheese.
- You need 1 of flour tortillas (taco/fajita sized).
Tangy Shrimp and Slaw Tacos instructions
- Mix cabbage slaw mix with slaw dressing, lime juice, and add salt and pepper to taste. Leave in fridge while preparing the rest..
- Mash chick peas in a bowl then mix in salsa. Set aside..
- Melt butter and canola oil in skillet on med-high heat. Add shrimp and top with chili powder, cumin, adobo seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste..
- Cook shrimp, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 mins or until done. Cut each shrimp in half once cooked thoroughly, if desired..
- Top each tortilla with chick pea salsa, shredded cheese, avacado slice, shrimp, and slaw mix. Enjoy :).