Perkedel Crab Sticks (Fried Potato Balls with Crab Sticks).
You can have Perkedel Crab Sticks (Fried Potato Balls with Crab Sticks) using 13 simple ingredients and 7 easy steps. Learn how to cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Perkedel Crab Sticks (Fried Potato Balls with Crab Sticks)
- It’s 400 gr of Potatoes, washed and peeled.
- You need 5 of Crab sticks, sliced finely.
- It’s 1 of leek, sliced finely.
- You need 1 of celery, sliced finely.
- It’s of Puree:.
- Prepare 1 clove of shallot.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 1/4 of nutmeg.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground blackpepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of chicken powder (optional).
- Prepare 1/4 liters of oil for frying.
- It’s 1 of egg + 1 white egg, mix well.
Perkedel Crab Sticks (Fried Potato Balls with Crab Sticks) instructions
- Put all ingredients on your table. Steam potatoes for 17 minutes. While waiting for potatoes, slice crab sticks, leek and celery. Make puree for seasoning from shallot, garlic, nutmeg, pepper and salt. After 17 minutes, take out potatoes from steamer and mashed..
- In medium bowl mix well mashed potatoes and all ingredients. *You can taste this batter, if it less taste, you can add a pinch salt. Use dinner spoon to make round shapes and do till all batter over..
- Btw this is fusion recipe, if you want original recipe, change crab sticks with 50-80 grams ground meat and saute with 1 tsp butter and seasoning with a pinch salt. See in this picture..
- Preheat oil in frying pan. Coat batter with egg..
- Put batter ball one by one into the oil. Fry over low heat. I use a dinner fork to flip the batter when fried. Tips: to help make sure the batter does not disintegrate, fry one side for 1-2 minutes until golden, then flip the other side and wait for 1-2 minutes, take out from pan and drain on paper towels..
- Serve it warm as your side dish or for kid's meal… Happy Cooking 😊.
- Savory and moist… yummmyyy… 😋😋😋.