Octopus, cucumber & seaweed salad (with Sanbaizu dressing). For Tako Su, we simply combine the thinly sliced octopus with crunchy cucumber, wakame and toasted sesame seeds before tossing in a light Japanese vinaigrette. The contrast colors and textures of the salad, in my opinion, is a celebration of what nature has provided us. Cylindrical, bright green cucumbers with white pikes and an excellent taste.
Octopus is a quite strange looking sea creature and I am aware that some people are put off by the appearance, not to mention eating it. Pour preferred amount of seasoned vinegar right before eating. Akiko Watanabe is a cooking expert specializing in Japanese cuisine. This Tasty Octopus, cucumber & seaweed salad (with Sanbaizu dressing) using 8 simple ingredients and 5 easy steps. Learn how to achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Octopus, cucumber & seaweed salad (with Sanbaizu dressing)
- It’s 0.3-0.5 lb of octopus (boiled).
- Prepare 2 of Japanese cucumbers.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dried seaweed mix.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of rice vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of sesame seed.
Cut the octopus and cucumber ran-giri style (cut on the bias, then roll and cut on the bias again). Cucumber and Octopus Salad with Wasabi Vinaigrette, Japanese Style My appetite in the past few months more or less went dormant for foods that served cold. Yes, it seldom enjoys cold dishes during winter time, except with some negotiable capacities for fruit salads and Japanese sashimi. In a mixing bowl, add the cucumber, octopus, radish sprouts, jalapeño, yuzu dressing and toss all together.
Octopus, cucumber & seaweed salad (with Sanbaizu dressing) instructions
- Cut octopus into a bite size..
- Peel cucumbers (leave half skin) and cut into chunks. Spread a pinch of salt (extra amount) and leave for 5-10 mins to remove extra water..
- Leave dried seaweed mix in warm water for 5 mins (or as directed on package). Once done, squeeze seaweed to remove any extra water..
- Add vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and salt into a bowl and mix well. Add cucumber, octopus and seaweed and mix gently. Sprinkle sesame seed..
- FYI : Dried seaweed mix looks like this..
Before serving, transfer octopus cucumber salad into a serving plate, garnish the octopus salad with a large pinch of shredded seaweed and bonito flakes. Slice cucumbers thinly and place them in a bowl. Slice boiled or sashimi grade octopus thinly. In a bowl, mix rice vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce together until sugar dissolves. Add cucumbers, sliced octopus, and wakame seaweed.