Sinigang na Hipon (Filipino Shrimp Tamarind/Sour Soup). Sinigang na Hipon is a type of Filipino sour soup, wherein shrimp is used as the main ingredient. This dish also includes a variety of vegetables such as daikon radish, snake How to Cook Sinigang na Hipon. This dish is quick and easy to cook.
Learn how to cook Sinigang na Hipon with this quick and easy recipe. A variation of the beloved Filipino sour soup dish that is cooked with shrimp with tamarind as a souring agent. Sinigang is one of the most popular and favorite Filipino dishes among locals. You can have Sinigang na Hipon (Filipino Shrimp Tamarind/Sour Soup) using 12 easy ingredients and 5 simple steps. Here is how you achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Sinigang na Hipon (Filipino Shrimp Tamarind/Sour Soup)
- It’s 1 lb of shrimp with heads (cleaned, deveined and trimmed).
- It’s 1 of large onion quartered.
- It’s 2 of medium sized tomatoes quartered.
- It’s 1 of ginger sliced.
- It’s 100 g of water spinach (cut in 3 inches length).
- You need 50 g of green okra (cut in half diagonally).
- Prepare 50 g of string beans (cut in 2-3 inches length).
- You need 1-2 pieces of green long chili/pepper.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of fish sauce.
- It’s 1 pack of sinigang mix or tamarind soup base mix.
- You need 6-8 cups of water.
- Prepare of Optional: Radish sliced (labanos), eggplant quartered.
It is right there with Adobo although. Sinigang Na Hiponis a classic Filipino sour soup that features shrimp and vegetables in a base of tamarind broth. It's low carb, gluten-free, and simply delicious! Sinigang Na Hipon, or shrimp sinigang, is a classic Filipino soup.
Sinigang na Hipon (Filipino Shrimp Tamarind/Sour Soup) step by step
- Pour water in a deep pot and bring to a boil..
- Throw in onions, tomatoes, and ginger with the sinigang mix/tamarind soup base powder and cook for about 5 minutes..
- Add shrimp and optional eggplant and cook for about 5 minutes..
- Add string beans, green okra, green long pepper, fish sauce, and optional radish and cook for 3 more minutes..
- Add water spinach right before turning off the heat. Let it stand with the pot cover on for about 3 minutes to cook. Serve hot with white rice and enjoy!.
If you've never tried it before, it's incredibly tasty! Enjoy these free Filipino Recipes and experience the awesome taste and delectable flavors of Filipino Food. This rich and hearty Filipino stew is famous for its assertive sour and savory flavor profile. This rich and tart stew is one of the classics of the Filipino kitchen. Many variations exist, but this one features tender chunks of pork in a broth made sour with tamarind and calamansi (a type of citrus) juice. 🍲Recipe details below ⬇ Learn how to cook Sinigang na Hipon with this quick and easy recipe.