Cajun Macaroni Salad. Add the macaroni and cook as the label directs. This is our family's favorite ever. It started originally with a Justin Wilson recipe that we've modified over the years.
This is a classic, tasty, easy macaroni salad recipe! Made with classic ingredient staples including celery, red pepper, and onion and coated in a simple creamy mayo-based dressing. Macaroni salad is a type of pasta salad, served cold made with cooked elbow macaroni and usually prepared with mayonnaise. This Appetizing Cajun Macaroni Salad using 17 simple ingredients and 7 easy steps. This is guide how achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Cajun Macaroni Salad
- Prepare 1 lb. of Elbow Macaroni, cooked.
- Prepare 4-5 of Hard-boiled Eggs, diced.
- Prepare 2 of -cans White Tuna,.
- Prepare 3 of -slices Bacon, crumbled.
- You need 1-2 of Tomatoes, cut into wedges.
- You need 1 of -can (28 oz) Sliced Peaches, drained.
- Prepare 1/2-1 cup of Green Onions, diced.
- It’s 1/2-1 cup of Celery, diced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Hellmann's Mayonnaise.
- You need 1 Tbsp. of Frenches Yellow Mustard.
- You need 1 Tsp. of Hot Sauce, (opt.).
- It’s 1/2 Tsp. of Lemon or Lime juice.
- Prepare 1 Tsp. of Cajun Seasoning, (I use slap-ya-mama).
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp. of Sweet Paprika, (Hungarian).
- Prepare 1/4 Tsp. of McCormick Smokehouse Black Pepper.
- You need Pinch of salt to taste.
- It’s Leaves of Lettuce.
Much like potato salad or coleslaw in its use, it is often served as a side dish to barbecue, fried chicken, or other picnic style dishes. How Long Does Macaroni Salad Keep? Tuna macaroni salad holds a special place in my heart. It reminds me of big summertime cookouts and family reunions in Elberton.
Cajun Macaroni Salad instructions
- Prepare Macaroni according to Package directions. Drain, and cool..
- Boil Eggs, about 14 minutes no more, Let cool in cold water for about 3 minutes; then crack and peel eggs; dice up in a small bowl and let cool completely..
- Fry up bacon strips, set on paper towel for 2 minutes then crumble them up into a small bowl; set aside..
- Cut and dice up Onions and Celery into a bowl; set aside..
- In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise, mustard, Lemon or Lime juice, and if you want! the hot sauce, cajun seasoning, Black pepper, paparika, and a pinch of salt. Mix well, set aside..
- Mix Everything together; accept tomatoes, peaches, and crumbled bacon..
- Building the salad: First, lay lettuce leaf or leaves if you want more on a plate or soup bowl. Secondly, put 1 to 11/2 cup of the cajun macaroni salad on top of the lettuce leaf. Thirdly, slide both tomatoe wedges and peach wedges slightly under the macaroni salad. Lastly, garnish with crumbled bacon and a mint leaf. Serve and Enjoy!.
Tuna macaroni salad is pretty doggone addictive as well. This classic Tuna Macaroni Salad recipe is the best cold salad to make for your next spring or summer picnic. It's such an easy side dish to throw together with simple ingredients like tuna, pasta, celery and. Amish Macaroni Salad – serve it alongside any main dish and you have a complete meal. I hope this image can convey how tasty this Amish Macaroni Salad is going to be when you taste it.