Paella!. Nourishing, vibrant, and without pretension, paella has held a place of honor and practicality in Spanish homes for centuries. Paella is a typical Spanish recipe and is traditionally cooked in a "paellera" – a round flat pan with two In many Spanish villages, especially in coastal areas, they use a giant paellera to cook a paella on. This Classic Spanish Paella rivals any restaurant Paella!
Paella is a traditional Spanish dish made by cooking Calasparra rice with saffron, stock and a Take your pick of our easy paella recipes – from chicken and chorizo paella, to seafood or vegetarian paella. Types of paella include, Valencian paella, vegetable paella (Spanish: paella de verduras), seafood paella (Spanish: paella de mariscos), and mixed paella (Spanish: paella mixta), among many others. Paella mixta: mixed meat and seafood. You can cook Paella! using 15 easy ingredients and 4 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Paella!
- It’s 250 grams of Paella rice – dry weight.
- Prepare 2 of Boneless chicken thighs.
- Prepare 400 grams of Fresh live mussels.
- It’s 1 small of chorizo sausage.
- You need 2 clove of Garlic.
- You need 1 of Handful garden peas.
- You need 1 of Yellow or red pepper.
- You need 3 of Shallots.
- Prepare 1 of Glass red wine.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Saffron.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Dried mixed herbs.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Smoked paprika.
- You need 1/2 small of tin tomato puree.
- Prepare 750 ml of Chicken stock.
- It’s 2 of Lemon wedges.
Fideuàis: a Paella that uses Simpler versions of Paella are called "un arroz" ("a rice"). These recipes are mostly rice with very few. Read the Seafood Paella recipe, the iconic Spanish dish. Paella is a traditional dish of Spain.
Paella! step by step
- Add the rice, tomato purée, chicken stock, mixed herbs, saffron and paprika to a large saucepan. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, stir, lower the heat, cover and simmer for 20 min or untill the rice has absorbed the liquid, stirring occasionally and tasting. When rice is at the desired consistancy, turn off the heat and rest..
- Meanwhile, slice the chicken, chop the garlic and chorizo and add to a paella pan (or wok), fry for a few minutes. Slice the shallots and pepper and add to the pan with the peas, cook for a further 5 minutes, adding a bit of the wine if it becomes dry..
- Add the remaining wine, with the mussels in their shells and cook on high for approx 10 minutes or untill the mussel shells have opened and the chicken is cooked through. Discard any closed mussels..
- When the rice is done and rested for at least 5 minutes, add it to the paella pan and stir through. Serve immediately with the lemon wedge and a glass of wine!.
Its home is Valencia, but variations exist in the different Spanish Traditionally, the paella is cooked out of doors, over a wood fire. To make a paella, first sauté meats. Remember, paella is a blank canvas. Ok before you shout at us, recipes for paella differ from region to region, and this seafood-free version is Omar's take on the classic Paella Valenciana. For millions of holiday makers, the high pound does mean cheaper margaritas and paellas.