Paella made on the braai.
This Appetizing Paella made on the braai using 18 easy ingredients and 6 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve that.
Ingredients of Paella made on the braai
- You need 2 cups of white rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of frozen peas.
- You need 500 g of frozen seafood mix.
- You need 300 g of frozen mussels.
- It’s 1 of diced onion.
- Prepare Handful of mixed diced peppers.
- It’s 200 g of spring onion and chives flavoured cream cheese.
- Prepare 2 of star anise pods.
- You need 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1 bundle of bouquet garni.
- Prepare 2 of chicken stock cubes.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of spice for rice.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Water (for cooking).
- It’s of Olive oil.
- It’s of Quartered citrus fruits (for garnish).
- You need of Microherbs (for garnish).
Paella made on the braai instructions
- With coals hot enough for cooking, add water and rice in a cast iron pan – season with spice for rice and a pinch of salt. Cook and set aside..
- In a separate cast iron pan or wok, pour some olive oil. Add onions, garlic and peppers and fry on 'til nicely browned. Slightly reduce the heat under the pan by scraping away some coals and add the seafood mix and mussels..
- While the seafood simmers, add frozen peas and butter cubes into the mix and leave to cook..
- Add the star anise, paprika, bouquet garni, chicken stock cubes and water to the cooking seafood and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes..
- When you see that the seafood is nicely cooked, add the cooked rice and mix well. Remember to remove the bouquet garni bundle and star anise before mixing. For a final creamy touch, add the cream cheese and dried basil to the mixture..
- The dish is best enjoyed hot, garnish with citrus fruit and microherbs..