Mushrooms and Chestnuts in Autumn-Coloured Paella.
This Delicious Mushrooms and Chestnuts in Autumn-Coloured Paella using 14 easy ingredients and 15 easy steps. Here is how you cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of Mushrooms and Chestnuts in Autumn-Coloured Paella
- Prepare 350 grams of Uncooked white rice.
- Prepare 150 grams of Chicken thigh.
- You need 8 of chestnuts Sweet chestnuts in sugar syrup.
- It’s 150 grams of Mushrooms of your choice (king oyster, maitake, enoki, shimeji, etc. Use a few different kinds of mushrooms).
- It’s 1/4 of Onion (finely chopped).
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic (finely chopped).
- You need 185 ml of Chicken soup stock (1 1/2 teaspoons of chicken soup stock granules dissolved in hot water).
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 pinch of Saffron (or turmeric).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sherry (or white wine).
- You need 1 dash of Red bell pepper (julienned for garnishing).
- Prepare 1 dash of Italian parsley (or parsley).
- Prepare 1 of Lemon (I used Kabosu citrus).
- It’s 1 of Olive oil.
Mushrooms and Chestnuts in Autumn-Coloured Paella instructions
- Cut the chicken thigh into bite-sized pieces, season with salt and pepper, and leave for a while..
- Lightly wash the rice, soak in water for about 15 minutes, and drain in a sieve for about 15 minutes..
- Rinse off the syrup from the chestnuts, pat dry, and roast in the toaster oven until they turn light brown on the surface..
- Cut off the stem end of the mushrooms. Pull shimeji or maitake mushrooms apart. Cut enoki or king oyster mushrooms into thirds, and shred vertically by hand..
- Pour olive oil in a Le Creuset pan or paella pan (or frying pan), place the chicken thigh from Step 1 facing the skin side down, and sauté over medium heat..
- Brown the chicken without moving much. The chicken will be cooked with the rice later on, so take out from the pan before it's cooked through, and set aside..
- Add a little olive oil in the emptied pan, put all of the mushrooms, sauté them briefly, and remove from the pan..
- In the emptied pan, add the garlic and onion, sauté them without scorching, and turn off the heat..
- Break up the saffron into small pieces. Combine the saffron and 1 tablespoon of the 185 ml chicken soup stock, and microwave for 15 seconds to make saffron water..
- If you don't have saffron, you can sprinkle with turmeric to make the soup yellow..
- Put the rice, saffron water, the remaining chicken soup, and sherry into the pan from Step 8. Heat over low-medium heat for 7 minutes..
- After 7 minutes, add the mushrooms, chicken, and chestnuts on top, cover with a lid, and heat over low-medium heat for a further 6 minutes..
- After 6 minutes, open the lid, arrange the red bell pepper, cover with the lid, and heat over high heat for 30 seconds..
- Steam with the lid on for 10-15 minutes. Open the lid, garnish with chopped Italian parsley and thinly sliced lemon..
- You can buy a jar of sweet chestnuts in sugar syrup. As long as you have this at home, you can eat chestnut rice all year round..