Seafood Paella. This seafood-lover's version of paella from Food & Wine's Kay Chun has four different types of shellfish, as well as plenty of meaty bites of chorizo. This seafood paella recipe requires organization and slicing and dicing in advance. Paella is a Spanish rice dish originally from Valencia.
Bring the taste of traditional Spanish roots and coastal flavours to your mid-week meals with a classic seafood paella. See how to make seafood paella, the traditional Spanish rice dish that's loaded with fresh seafood, including shrimp, clams, and calamari. In the video, you'll discover techniques for building flavor in. You can cook Seafood Paella using 20 simple ingredients and 11 easy steps. Here is how you cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Seafood Paella
- You need 2 cups of chicken stock or 1 stock cube with 2 cups of boiling water.
- Prepare 2 cups of dry white wine.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of saffron threads, crumbled.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of each salt and pepper.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper, finely chopped.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of chorizo sausages, sliced into thin half-moons.
- Prepare 3 cups of Italian Arborio rice.
- Prepare 1 tin of diced tomatoes.
- You need 2 of tomatoes, quartered.
- It’s 1 cup of Edamame beans (or peas).
- It’s 450 g of prawn tails, cleaned (I deep fried the heads for fun).
- You need 400 g of half mussels.
- Prepare 400 g of calamari steak cut in strips.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped parsley, for garnish.
- You need 2 of lemons quartered, for garnish.
- Prepare 4 of chilies chopped, for garnish.
When preparing paella, use only the best ingredients, from the rice down to the premium real saffron. Seafood Paella made with Calasparra rice, tiger shrimp, squid, littleneck clams, and mussels with garlic and parsley paste and saffron. This delicious seafood paella was prepared by my wife, Dey. This awesome seafood paella is incredibly easy to prepare.
Seafood Paella instructions
- Prep all ingredients before your guests arrive. Assemble them next to the braai until you are ready..
- In a jug, mix together the wine and stock. Add the saffron and salt. Let the flavours marry for as long as possible..
- When the braai is ready, place a big paella pan on the grid. Heat the olive oil in that pan. Add the onion and red pepper and cook it until the onion is translucent. Stir in the garlic and chorizo and cook until fragrant..
- Add the rice. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes until the rice is toasted and coated in the oil, onion and pepper mix..
- Stir in the stock, tomatoes, peas and paprika. Taste for seasoning and add more salt, if necessary..
- Spread the rice evenly over the bottom of the pan. Cover the pan with foil and simmer the rice without stirring for 15 minutes, or until the rice absorbs most of the liquid. It's important not to stir the rice, even though you may want to. You want to create a crust at the bottom. If it starts to look too dry, add some water/wine, but not too much and DON'T stir..
- Add the seafood, nestle it nicely into the rice. Cover with foil and let the seafood and rice cook. This should take about 10 minutes..
- Remove the foil, check that the liquid is absorbed, that everything is cooked and adjust the seasoning, if necessary..
- Finally, check to see if the elusive 'socarrat' was created. This is the golden brown crust at the bottom of the pan. If you can, wait to see if you can create the crust, if not – better luck next time….
- Sprinkle with parsley and bring the whole pan to the table. Serve with lemons, chilli, more parsley and a lot more wine..
- Thanks simplyrecipes.com for the inspo.
With flavors of citrus and sherry, if you want just skip the seafood and eat the rice! If compliments were worth money, I'd be a millionaire! Aneto's Valencian and Seafood paella bases both promised simplicity without sacrificing the richness that's essential to a great paella. What's more, the ingredient lists meant I wouldn't have to. This seafood paella recipe with pork and chicken is Spanish surf and turf that's easy to make.