Seafood Paella. This seafood-lover's version of paella from Food & Wine's Kay Chun has four different types of shellfish, as well as plenty of meaty bites of chorizo. This seafood paella recipe requires organization and slicing and dicing in advance. Bring the taste of traditional Spanish roots and coastal flavours to your mid-week meals with a classic seafood paella.
For this reason, it may be seen internationally as Spain's national dish. See how to make seafood paella, the traditional Spanish rice dish that's loaded with fresh seafood, including shrimp, clams, and calamari. In the video, you'll discover techniques for building flavor in. This Yummy Seafood Paella using 17 easy ingredients and 8 simple steps. Here is how you achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Seafood Paella
- Prepare 2 cups of Arborio or uncooked white rice.
- It’s 1 of onion chopped finely.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, grated.
- You need 1 packet of seafood mix.
- It’s 500 g of prawns.
- You need 500 g of black mussels.
- It’s 2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of crushed chillies.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground coriander.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground coriander.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 3 cups of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of steamed green peas.
- It’s 1 pinch of saffron threads.
- Prepare 1 of lemon cut into wedges.
- It’s 1 tsp of sea salt or to taste.
- You need 5 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
Seafood Paella made with Calasparra rice, tiger shrimp, squid, littleneck clams, and mussels with garlic and parsley paste and saffron. This delicious seafood paella was prepared by my wife, Dey. When preparing paella, use only the best ingredients, from the rice down to the premium real saffron. This awesome seafood paella is incredibly easy to prepare.
Seafood Paella step by step
- Rinse and devein prawns, then transfer to a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Set aside..
- Add vegetable stock to a saucepan and season to your taste with sea salt. Add saffron threads, cover with a lid and allow it to steep while you start the paella..
- In a large deep skillet heat up 3 tbsp of olive oil and add the diced onion with a pinch of salt, some smoked paprika, ground coriander, crushed chillies and sauté until translucent. Add the garlic and give it a stir..
- Stir in the rice making sure it coats nicely in the olive oil. Stir in the stock and bring to a boil. Cover with a lid, turn stove to low heat and cook for 20-25 minutes. Once the rice is almost cooked through allow to sit covered for 5 minutes..
- In a different pan heat up butter and garlic and add the prawns and give it a nice toss in the garlic butter, cook for 5-6 minutes and set aside in a bowl..
- In the same pan add the seafood mix. Add a pinch of salt and paprika and cover with a lid and allow to cook for about 10 – 15 minutes once it's cooked through, transfer on top of the paella and mix through with the rice..
- Steam mussels in a pot for 4 – 5 minutes until they open and release the sea water then strain. Transfer them on top of the paella together with the prawns..
- Serve your paella sprinkled with the green peas and garnish lemon wedges and parsley (optional).
With flavors of citrus and sherry, if you want just skip the seafood and eat the rice! If compliments were worth money, I'd be a millionaire! This seafood paella recipe with pork and chicken is Spanish surf and turf that's easy to make. Paella originates in Valencia, a region on the Mediterranean coast of Spain that is between Barcelona and. Aneto's Valencian and Seafood paella bases both promised simplicity without sacrificing the richness that's essential to a great paella.