Ofe Nsala w/ Chicken.
This Yummy Ofe Nsala w/ Chicken using 10 easy ingredients and 5 simple steps. Here is how you achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Ofe Nsala w/ Chicken
- Prepare 1 of whole hard chicken cut in pieces.
- You need of Cocoyam boiled and pounded.
- It’s 1 Tbs of ground Uziza seeds.
- You need Handful of chopped Uziza leaves.
- You need 4 Tbs of ground crayfish.
- You need 2.5 Tbs of ground cayenne pepper.
- You need 2 of Uda crushed and deseeded.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare Cubes of Seasoning.
- Prepare of Dried Fish.
Ofe Nsala w/ Chicken instructions
- In a clean pot, add chicken, pepper, crayfish, seasoning cubes, salt, uda, and ground Uziza seeds. Remember to add the amount of salt and seasoning that suit your taste..
- With a wooden spatula, mix ingredients thoroughly, add water to a but above the chicken, cover the pot and allow to cook till the chicken is almost completely cooked. Please, note that you may need to add more water for the chicken to cook properly..
- Add in chopped Uziza leaves and dried fish, stir, and allow to cook for 3 mins..
- Stir, then add pounded cocoyam, in small balls to the pot, stir again and allow to cook for 5 mins and your Ofe Nsala is ready. Please, note that the cocoyam is just a thickener. In the absence of cocoyam, you can use a bit of poundo powder or cocoyam powder, using a bit of water to make into a paste and add it to the pot, it will also thicken the dish. Ofe Nsala is supposed to be thick but also runny, that means you don't want the soup to be too thick that it becomes globby..
- After adding the thickener, if the soup is too thick, add some water until you get your desired consistency..