Summer Vegetable Paella.
You can have Summer Vegetable Paella using 10 simple ingredients and 6 easy steps. This is guide how achieve it.
Ingredients of Summer Vegetable Paella
- You need 1 packet of paella rice.
- You need 1 of onion and 2 shallots.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- Prepare of Mixed tomatoes (2 large).
- Prepare of Summer veg of your choice – peas, beans, asparagus.
- It’s of Mushrooms – prefer chestnut in this but I used oyster.
- You need of Saffron or turmeric.
- It’s 1 of Lemon.
- It’s 1 bunch of parsley.
- You need of Tabasco (red or green).
Summer Vegetable Paella step by step
- Add a little oil and heat. I use a spray, you just need a little. Chop onion and 1 shallot (roast the other) and fry over a low heat. Add chopped peppers and stir, paprika and a little crushed tomato. Add saffron (I used a little grated turmeric root as I didn’t have any) and stir gently. Add the paella rice fry for 1 minute in the mixture. Add the quantity of water it suggests on the packet and bring to a simmer..
- Chop the veg that you wish to roast. Put a cross on the tomatoes, you will remove there skins and the will form part of the sauce. Keep the garlic in it’s skin, it will become soft..
- Remove the tomatoes skins, add and stir..
- Add the summer veg whist there is still a little liquid in the pan and the roasted veg just as the liquid is absorbed. Chop or add whole, as you prefer. Squeeze the roasted garlic onto the rice, I love garlic but add to your taste..
- To serve, add a good squeeze of lemon, chopped parsley and a few shakes of Tabasco. This is the secret ingredient and I think it’s delicious on paella. Enjoy in the garden with a cool drink 😀.