Seafood and chicken paella. Why not use chicken thighs or drumsticks instead of boneless cooked pieces that should be sauteed and then cooked with the rice and its liquid to add flavor, as would sauteing finely chopped onions and red pepper strips to add color and flavor. Learn how to make Seafood-and-Chicken Paella. Paella is one of my favorite dishes to cook when entertaining.
It's a bit of mary montaña—or surf and turf—as they say in Spain. A traditional paella pan, a long wooden spoon or paddle, and a barbecue or gas burner are needed to prepare this seafood paella. Next, add the remaining seafood and chicken broth to the saffron water. This Yummy Seafood and chicken paella using 18 simple ingredients and 6 easy steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Seafood and chicken paella
- Prepare 2 cups of rice.
- It’s 2 pinches of saffron.
- Prepare 10 of mussels.
- Prepare one bag of frozen seafood mix.
- Prepare 1 of chicken thigh.
- Prepare 1 of zucchini.
- You need 1 of red paprika.
- You need 1/2 of onion.
- You need 1/3 stalk of celery.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 of lemon.
- Prepare 1 pack of basil.
- Prepare 1 can of canned tomatoes.
- You need 20 g of bouillon broth powder.
- Prepare 600 ml of water.
- Prepare 100 ml of white wine.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare to taste of olive oil.
Finally, garnish with the lemon wedges. Ladle the paella in an individual bowl and squeeze over the lemon. The refreshing tartness will bring out the flavor, making the dish more. A wonderful Spanish Paella that's very easy to make and the presentation is great as well.
Seafood and chicken paella instructions
- Cook the white wine and mussels in the main pot. Then take out mussels and the leftover broth, and set aside..
- Cut chicken and vegetables into small pieces..
- Warm the water in a small pot. Put in the broth and saffron..
- Put the olive oil, chicken, vegetables and seafood mix into the main pot, fry with the salt and pepper..
- Add canned tomatoes, broth, and put in the mussels broth. Heat on medium heat for 30 minutes..
- Top with mussels, lemon, and basil..
Remove from skillet and season with salt and pepper. Paella is probably Spain's most famous dish. Originating in Valencia, this dish of rice with seafood and chicken or rabbit is completely addictive. The Valencians get very heated about what can and cannot go into a paella, and would probably snarl at this recipe. However, if you order paella in Madrid, this.