Sesame Crusted Seared Ahi Tuna Salad.
You can have Sesame Crusted Seared Ahi Tuna Salad using 17 simple ingredients and 7 easy steps. This is guide how cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of Sesame Crusted Seared Ahi Tuna Salad
- You need of salad.
- It’s 4 cup of black and white sesame seeds.
- You need 4 of each ahi tuna steaks.
- You need 1/2 head of nappa cabbage.
- You need 2 bags of Cole slaw mix.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of shredded carrots.
- Prepare 2 of each avocados.
- You need 1 of each English cucumber.
- You need of ponzu dressing.
- It’s 3 tbsp of ginger grated.
- It’s 2 cup of Light soy Sauce.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of kosher salt.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Siracha hot sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mirin.
- It’s 1/3 cup of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of sesame oil.
Sesame Crusted Seared Ahi Tuna Salad instructions
- Make the dressing first just mix all the ingredients together and then add the oil slowly while whisking to combine let sit to marinate 15 min at least.
- Now coat the tuna steaks with the sesame seeds set back into the fridge to let sit while you put the salad part together.
- Julienne the nappa cabbage and mix it with the bags of Cole slaw mix cut cucumber into thin slices at a bias and slice the avocados nice and thin.
- Now sear off the tuna to med rare like 3 minutes a side in a fry pan with a little bit of oil.
- If dressing separated just whisk it and it will come back together then toss the dressing with the cabbage to your preference.
- Put a nice mound of the salad in the middle of the plate slice the tuna and place around then the cucumbers top with avocado and carrots..
- Save the left over dressing in a container it holds for just about 2 weeks or longer in fridge.