Pickled Shrimp Salad.
This Tasty Pickled Shrimp Salad using 15 easy ingredients and 5 simple steps. This is guide how achieve that.
Ingredients of Pickled Shrimp Salad
- It’s 8 ounces of green beans or asparagus, ends trimmed, cut in half crosswise.
- You need 1 1/2 pounds of peeled and deveined shrimp.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of white wine vinegar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2-3 of shallots, minced (can substitute red onion).
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh dill, finely chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of capers.
- You need 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- You need 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper.
- You need 1/2 pint of grape tomatoes, halved.
- You need 1/2 of red onion, thinly sliced.
- You need to taste of Salt and ground black pepper.
- You need 1 (14 ounce) of can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered.
Pickled Shrimp Salad step by step
- Fill large saucepan two-thirds full of water. Salt generously, bring to gentle boil..
- Fill large bowl with half cold water and half ice. Gently drop green beans into boiling water, cook for 30 seconds. Using skimmer or slotted spoon, remove beans, and submerge in ice bath..
- Gently drop shrimp into boiling water, cook for one and a half minutes or until opaque. Remove and submerge in ice bath. Remove beans and shrimp from ice bath, pat dry..
- In large bowl, whisk together vinegar, sugar, and Dijon mustard. Stir in herbs, capers, and shallots. Cool beans, shrimp, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, and onion into vinegar oil dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately..
- If not immediately using, follow recipe, except reserve shrimp and beans until just before serving..