Tuna salad, unconventional. Southern tuna salad is basically tuna salad with the addition of relish and hard boiled eggs. This recipe already calls for relish to get a satisfying salty crunch, so all you'd have to add is chopped hardboiled. While tuna salad seems somewhat unconventional as a filling for Japanese sushi rolls, it is actually a popular filling for onigiri and musubi (Japanese rice balls).
It's dairy free, paleo This no mayo tuna salad was the perfect option – protein to keep us full and an oil-based dressing to. Tuna macaroni salad holds a special place in my heart. I'm surprised to hear a lot of folks have never had tuna macaroni salad before. You can cook Tuna salad, unconventional using 8 easy ingredients and 4 simple steps. This is guide how achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Tuna salad, unconventional
- You need 15 ounces of canned tuna packed in spring water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
- You need 1 of large cucumber.
- Prepare 1 of medium golden delicious apple.
- Prepare 1 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of dill weed.
- It’s 1 tablespoons of chopped parsley for garnish.
Maybe it's more of a southern thing because I grew up on this stuff. Stuff tuna salad in hollowed out tomatoes or avocado halves for a fresh take on lunch. Swap out the tuna for chicken or ham, adding some spicy brown or Dijon mustard with the mayonnaise in the. Felt like the ratio between the actual tuna and the other ingredients were off balance.
Tuna salad, unconventional instructions
- To a bowl add tuna. Wash, peel, and shave a cucumber into thin very thin "chips".
- Wash, peel, core, and dice the apple. Add to the tuna along with the mayonnaise and lemon juice. Add dill weed..
- Mix together well.
- Add garnish and serve. Hope you enjoy!.
There's not much to making tuna salad, really. My husband often just mixes the tuna with mayo and a few cracks of black pepper and calls it good! I like to add some crunch to balance out the cream, and. Turn this Mediterranean tuna salad into dinner by serving it in warm whole wheat pita pockets. This mayo-free tuna salad is a game changer.