Shrimp and Avocado salad. Made with shrimp and the freshest ingredients – avocados, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro and chopped jalapeño tossed with some freshly squeezed lime juice and a touch of olive oil. Best shrimp avocado salad I ever made! Eliminated pepper and still was wonderful.
Stir together avocadoes, tomatoes, onion, and shrimp in a large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. This salad can be served as a cool and satisfying dinner or lunch. You can cook Shrimp and Avocado salad using 16 simple ingredients and 3 easy steps. Learn how to cook it.
Ingredients of Shrimp and Avocado salad
- It’s of For Shrimp:.
- You need 1 lb of shrimp, shelled and deveined.
- It’s of Juice of 1/2 a lime.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground Cumin.
- It’s 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- You need of For salad :.
- You need 1 of ripped avocado cut into pieces (cubes).
- You need 1 lb of cherry tomatoes cut in half.
- You need 1/2 of small red onion thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cilantro.
- It’s of Juice of 1 lime.
- You need 1 of small garlic clove.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
The delicious taste and smooth texture of avocados mixed with the crisp shrimp salad is heavenly. Ingredients to make shrimp avocado salad. Shrimp: Use large shrimp if possible, either raw or pre-cooked. I'm re-sharing it with more step-by-step photos and serving it on top of shredded lettuce instead of lettuce.
Shrimp and Avocado salad step by step
- In a bowl, toss together the shrimp,lime juice, chili powder, cumin powder, olive oil and salt, set aside while you preheat a grill pan on high heat. Grill the shrimp on the hot grill pan for just a couple of minutes until fully cooked through, remove the shrimp and place them in a bowl, set aside..
- In a small mini chopper or blender, add the cilantro, olive oil, lime and garlic and pulse until just about smooth. Add the remaining salad ingredients along with the vinaigrette to the bowl with the grilled shrimp and toss all together to mix then cover and pop it in the fridge for about half an hour before serving..
Traci Des Jardins created this refreshing salad to showcase one of her favorite Latin ingredients, the avocado. Using a slotted spoon, lift the grapefruit and avocado from the citrus vinaigrette and gently spread over the lettuce. Add the shrimp to the vinaigrette and toss to coat. Shrimp Avocado Salad Recipe – This quick and easy Shrimp Avocado Salad comes together in a snap for a light and refreshing, no cook salad recipe! This shrimp avocado salad would also be perfect inside of fresh or bakery bread for a delicious sandwich for a more casual supper with friends.