Blackened Corn and Shrimp Salad. I love making salads for dinner in the summer. They are quick and easy and use up lots of summer produce. I loaded this salad up with tons of Mexican flavor: grilled corn, black beans, salsa and a couple squeezes of fresh lime juice.
I included these blackened shrimp on a salad with Avacado and spring onions Served in corn tortillas with slaw. Peel shrimp, leaving tails on; devein, if desired. Grilled Blackened Shrimp Recipe – the ultimate grilling season food. You can have Blackened Corn and Shrimp Salad using 14 simple ingredients and 5 simple steps. This is guide how cook that.
Ingredients of Blackened Corn and Shrimp Salad
- It’s 2 ears of sweet corn, cut off the cob.
- Prepare 20-25 of medium sized fresh or thawed shrimp, deveined and peeled.
- You need 2 T of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 of large slicing tomatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- It’s 2 of shallots, diced.
- You need 1 of jalapeño pepper, diced.
- You need 1/4 c of fresh basil leaves, diced.
- It’s 1/4 c of mayonnaise, more to taste.
- Prepare 6 oz of Cojita cheese, crumbled, more for garnish.
- You need of Juice from 1 lime.
- You need 1 T of chili powder or to taste.
- It’s 1/2 T of smoked paprika or to taste.
- Prepare 3 of green onions, diced.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Learn how to make the perfect grilled blackened shrimp at home. Served with grilled corn on the cob and grilled potatoes in foil. Use this grilled shrimp for tacos, salads or wraps. This easy main-dish shrimp salad features sauteed shrimp combined with black beans, corn , and salsa, and flavored with cumin and cilantro.
Blackened Corn and Shrimp Salad step by step
- In a large iron skillet, heat vegetable oil over high heat until shimmering..
- Add corn. Let sit without stirring for two minutes, until corn begins to char. Stir once and let sit for another two minutes..
- Add shrimp. Continue to cook, stirring once every two minutes, until shrimp is cooked through, corn has blackened bits and is beginning to pop in the pan. You want a dry pan for the corn to blacken properly– if the shrimp or corn release too much water during cooking, you can drain it off with a strainer and return the corn and shrimp to the skillet to continue charring. I find this is usually only a problem with frozen shrimp..
- Put corn and shrimp in a large heatproof bowl, scraping the skillet as you go so you don't lose any of those delicious blackened bits. Add in the tomatoes, shallots, jalapeño, basil, mayonnaise, Cojita cheese, lime juice, chili powder and paprika. Taste and add salt, additional lime juice, chili powder, mayo or paprika as needed..
- Serve with a slotted spoon into four bowls or plates. Top with green onions, additional Cojita cheese and, if desired, a sprinkle of chili powder or paprika..
The blackened shrimp is so simple and so extremely flavorful that they can pretty much carry the tacos themselves. I added a super simple slaw to bulk What Do You Serve with Blackened Shrimp Tacos? Blackened Shrimp with a homemade Cajun seasoning blend cooked in butter couldn't be any more delicious. The only adjustment you will want to make is to melt all the butter and toss it with the shrimp and spices instead of leaving some for the pan. Blackened shrimp salad recipe: Try this Blackened shrimp salad recipe, or contribute your own.