Tosazu, Jelly Dressing, and Marinated Octopus and Cucumber (Tosazu and Sunomono).
You can cook Tosazu, Jelly Dressing, and Marinated Octopus and Cucumber (Tosazu and Sunomono) using 13 easy ingredients and 13 easy steps. Learn how to cook it.
Ingredients of Tosazu, Jelly Dressing, and Marinated Octopus and Cucumber (Tosazu and Sunomono)
- It’s of [Tosazu].
- Prepare 150 mL of water.
- It’s 100 mL of rice vinegar.
- It’s 50 g of sugar.
- Prepare 5 g of bonito flakes (Katsuobushi).
- Prepare 5 cm of Kombu kelp.
- You need of [Tosazu Jelly Dressing].
- It’s 5 g of gelatine powder with 20 mL of water.
- It’s 160 mL of Tosazu.
- Prepare of [Marinated Octopus and Cucumber].
- You need 150 g of boiled octopus.
- You need 100 g of cucumber.
- It’s 1 of preferred amount of Tosazu.
Tosazu, Jelly Dressing, and Marinated Octopus and Cucumber (Tosazu and Sunomono) step by step
- [Tosazu] Remove dust from the Kombu kelp with a dampened kitchen paper with Sake..
- Put all liquids and sugar in a pan and start heating. Place the Kombu kelp..
- When the liquid becomes warm, put the bonito flakes in the pan..
- Keep heating over medium-low heat with skimming the form from the surface. Be careful not to boil the broth..
- [Tosazu Jelly Dressing] Soak the gelatine powder in 20 mL of water until swollen..
- Put the Tosazu in a small pan and heat over medium-low heat until bubbles pop out..
- Add the soaked gelatine to the pan and mix them thoroughly..
- Pour the jelly liquid to a plastic container..
- When it cools, place the plastic container into the fridge and let set until the jelly has set..
- Add some rice vinegar (not included in the recipe) and crush the jelly with a spoon. Dress salad with this Tosazu jelly..
- [Marinated Octopus and cucumber (Sunomono)] Cut the octopus into bite-size chunks. Wash the octopus with rice vinegar (not included in the recipe). Remove the excess vinegar..
- Thinly slice the cucumber and rub salt (not included in the recipe). Leave it for about 5 mins. Drain the excess water..
- Mix the octopus and the cucumber with the Tosazu. Serve in a nice bowl!.